So it seems Aszuna Nelfs joined the Alliance

When did this happen? And why?

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Nar%27thalas_Mage

And most importantly - if they’re now Alliance, why are the Nightborne opening a portal for Horde players to Aszuna in the Horde portal room? Shouldn’t Horde players have a portal to Suramar instead?

That’s pretty cool. Always wished we’d get some sort of resolution for the Prince and his people, especially after we fought Azshara. Maybe once she’s dead the curse will lift and they can “move on.”

Anyway, I dunno. Probably just for continuity. It’s the closest to Dalaran.

3 Likes

I mean, they’re night elf ghosts. Not Nightborne, specifically night elf ghosts. Makes sense for them to try to make peace with Tyrande, and likely easier since they had no Elisande moment and they were killed for their opposition to Azshara.

3 Likes

I doubt their presence there has any real significance. Blizzard just didn’t want to use Kirin Tor twice, since they’re already holding open the portal to Northrend Dalaran. Would’ve been nice for Farondis to have some kind of resolution with Azshara but I’ll just chalk it up to yet another plot thread the writers forgot about.

1 Like

I think y’all just needed some people to keep the portal to Azsuna open and Nighborne were taken. So they used the only other zone related npcs to do that.

Well sure but why make them Alliance NPCs that attack Horde players on sight? Why not neutral like the Kirin Tor?

Who knows. I’m pretty sure the Vulpera guards still attack horde players who defend themselves from attacking Alliance in Vol’dun.

NPCs is wierd somtimes

2 Likes

Well but that makes sense - those Vulpera are stuck in a time where they still didn’t join the Horde.

These nelfs were added in bfa. It’s so confusing.

The real question is why doesnt the portal just go to dalaran for both factions? Why drop us in the middle of Azuna of all places?

Likely something to do with Dalaran loading times, and because the player character is given a Dalaran hearthstone. The big debacle back then was loading people of both factions who all funneled into the same place. Blizzard likely tried to avoid that by directing traffic elsewhere in some small way, since the Dalaran hearthstone is up every opportunity anyway.

The real question is why do we get ported to Honeydew Village instead of Shrine? Both factions winding up in total opposite places of existence in Jade Forest is all kinds of weird.

1 Like

Yes that too. Forgot to include that one lol. Literally the opposite side of all the raids…

1 Like

Because Dalaran has a hearthstone

The same reason we get sent to the Jade Forest instead of the Shrine: because Blizz wants things to be reasonably inaccessible and moderately inconvenient.

1 Like

I am going to be cynical (because how they think we can’t find the pvp vendors) and say that having two dalaran portals would “confuse” a portion of the population. So they changed it to spread it out. As for the lack of a vale portal they likely decided having a direct access to the vale for 8.3 would be too direct to the content. However you may say hey but there is an uldum portal in SW/Org! Yes there is but the time it takes to reach from the portal room (which is how most people will be arriving in SW/Org) to that portal (plus also removing it would be jarring when juxtaposed with the other cata portals) warranted that portal staying in.

1 Like