So is hunter the worst pure dps?

No, but it gives them versatility and that has more value than the inverse. So to chalk up hybrid classes as no better off than pure classes is a misnomer.

My point is that which one is better is totally random, and has nothing to do with being a pure dps class or a hybrid class. So yes, they are no better off, because they don’t get favorable or unfavorable tuning on purpose.

The versatility is only useful if you actually like playing multiple roles. And if that’s the case, why aren’t you playing a hybrid class? As far as I can see, all the people whining about hybrids being better conveniently don’t play hybrids. They just want their class buffed for no reason and use the hybrid narrative as an excuse.

Because you dont like the theme of the class?

I would play a rogue or hunter tank in a heartbeat.

Because, quite literally, if your only role is to do damage and you’re middle of the pack at doing damage – there isn’t another option for you. You can’t just decide to heal instead or tank instead. I thought this was common sense.

3 Likes

I already made a longer post explaining my point. But briefly, a hybrid class can’t just switch roles and magically be top of the charts. Tell an arms warrior to switch to tank and most likely he can’t because his group already has tanks, or he doesn’t like to tank, or he’s bad at tanking, or he doesn’t have tank gear.

Pure dps classes aren’t special. People complaining don’t want to heal or tank either, they just want their pure dps class to be buffed. That’s not a solution because it would be ridiculously unbalanced to have the same 4 classes always be top dps.

You say that, but have you actually tried any other tanks first? It’s a very different experience.

I like healing and dps, but I quite dislike tanking. Nothing to do with themes, the gameplay is just not fun for me. But I didn’t know that until I tried. I wouldn’t believe any claims that you would like a Hunter tank if you haven’t tried tanking before.

It’s also a bit too convenient to say you only like the themes of the pure dps classes. I don’t buy that argument.

1 Like

All of them, lol, ive played this game for 16 years.

Im not a FotM reroller. I play what I like…because I like it and do the best that I can within those limitations. If I cant identify with the classes theme, its over before it began.

Nice. Then you’re experienced enough to recognize that being forced to switch roles sucks, and hybrids don’t like when they get told not to play the spec they like. So if they like to dps as a class that can heal or tank, they should be able to perform too, right?

The big issue is you can’t have it both ways. If you want pure dps to always be best then hybrid dps would always be worst. So it makes more sense to not purposely pick the same class as fotm all the time.

It kills me that a Shadow priest can do more dps than all the above. Beaten by the healer? Seriously? What the hell happened?

Never use Warcraft logs to look what spec is best for raiding or playing. That spec is based on what people play most.

And people tend to switch to spec that is usually Op or broken in current state.

So hunter is more then viable in current expansions. All three specs, and it’s fun to level up

This post screams “I do not understand what a percentile score is!” Given that you’ve barely made progress in raiding or mythic+, I can even begin to understand why you’re offering advice.

2 Likes

Because I can’t write here with EU account and characters.

Take care Karen

What are you even talking about? The most played spec, MM has almost 12k more parses than the 2nd most played spec in Mythic. MM is sitting at about 12th in terms of dps atm.

Warcraft Logs - Combat Analysis for Warcraft

Balance the currently top spec is actually only the 3rd most played, a full 11k parses behind 2nd place which is fire mage.

That argument might have merit if you understood a percentile or proper usage of the term Karen, but since you don’t, it adds nothing to your credibility, rather it subtracts from it.

I love your Xmog!

1 Like

There was something funny I was listening to on a stream some time ago: some extremely good players decided to take their ‘crappy alts’ out for M+. They knew the routes, they knew how to play their alts, but they were still getting rejected left and right for relatively low keys because they weren’t ‘optimal.’

It’s crazy because pugs were looking at top-end play and thinking those specs were what was needed to get past sub-15 mythic dungeons. For certain, some specs are way undertuned, but that doesn’t make them useless.

If you took 3 BM hunters to a 15 you wouldn’t time that key. In other words you are being carried by definition just by playing that spec.

You have data to back this up?

Yeah, I do. M+ logs of BM hunters showing them doing damage below the threshold.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rtpDgRcX8mqb6zKk#fight=1&type=damage-done

Random example here. This run made the timer by just over a minute in 15 DoS. The BM hunter playing at around the same proficiency level as the MM hunter did 2 million less damage than the MM hunter did.

If that MM hunter was a 2nd BM hunter, that key wouldn’t have been timed.

That’s the reality. 20% difference is too much.

1 Like

I’m sure that UHDK doing less damage than the BM is fine though, right? Because reasons?

Blizz, are change the name of the class from “Hunter” to “Archer” or “sniper” if you only want to force us to all play MM hunter.