So is 8.1 ele good in pvp now?

Just… rofl. Lasso is fine as it is and you realize Surge of Power has something like an 80/18/2% split between proccing 1/2/3 times, right? I think you’re so used to playing a garbage spec that having an actual win condition is making you feel OP.

3 Likes

Why though? Rogue has a 6 second stun every 30 seconds which puts up a massive bleed and can autoattack you down in that period.
And that’s not the only stun a Rogue has.
Rogue is a million times more “mongo” than the current elemental, and so is every melee class.
Elemental is finally catching up to the other classes and you want it to be nerfed?
Get out pls.

2 Likes

I don’t really agree with the argument that because rogue has a Kidney Shot that we should. There kit is based around their stuns and are only generally broken because of certain Traits, I would happily see a Heed my Call nerf or Deadshot nerf. Does that make Ele not in a bad state?

I don’t like Fire mage, Boomkin or Ele design right now. If the spec is based entirely on a gimmick it doesn’t hold up well when something comes along to counter it. I’d argue for a stronger entire spec not just having a win condition off a stupidly short CD.

You fail to understand
You will never get a stronger entire spec or a working spec, this gimmick stupid cooldown is the best elemental will ever get.

I get your point, I have very little faith in Blizzard correcting anything that doesn’t include a million posts on reddit to causes their stock prices to drop.

Less Lasso the class is so close to being a fun caster to play and with Lasso being the go to nothing will change. If it does get nerfed… what then?

Nothing, nothing will happen to compensate that.
Spellcaster DPS are in a terrible state and have been in such state since MoP.

IF your not using LASO or storm bringer YOUR wrong point blank.

stormbringer es->lb->es->lb is too much dmg for 4 insta casts with surge of power

edit: lasso is also too strong in its current iteration

Kicked, blinded, kidney shot

You thought you’d get there? lol no you died after the first stun.

Too much damage against a Dummy, not getting that on a player unless someone is holding you alive and allowing you to hold still your melee class target :slight_smile:

ele is still a stationary target in pvp.

run LoS

honestly even against like walking dead I can survive for at least 2 stormbreaker goes, just have to rotate cds properly and make sure your healer isnt getting cc’d

Sometime I just don’t understand the shaman community.
in 8.0 you cry for help. To be a viable in arena.
In 8.1 blizzard help you by giving you a good skill called lighting losso. Then you want blizzard to nerf it.

What’s next if blizzard nerf it? cry for help again?

3 Likes

Giving us lightning lasso? We already had that spell by the way.

Some people believe it is too strong, and it is un heathly for pvp. Others will say it is fine. The rest seem to believe that “Well X is OP so why shouldn’t we be?” All these points of view are valid, but which one of them… is correct?

What do I think? It is op. But, it is not. If your fighting co-ordinated pvp content, in which this game seems tuned around… It isn’t super powerful. It is alright, but easily disrupted. When you step out of that content, it hits the op stage tearing people apart who are foolish enough to trinket early.

Sometimes I don’t understand people who make these posts… Do they not bother to look at everyone’s opinion and make their own? Lightning lasso was buffed pretty heavily… and the question still remains. Is lightning lasso far too strong for all pvp content?

Only further testing will provide that information.

Pretty much m8.

And obviously in a argument of a spec/abilitie being strong you will always have a side defending it and those against, people that are using it and people that don’t wanna deal with it.

I agree, i see LL strong but still has plenty of way to counter it. I mean i been smashing people right and left with it but in WPvP specially early on Tuesday when most people i believed didn’t know it got a huge buff.

But then again as you said, in high PvP enviroments i think is a really good abilitie but it can be deal with.

Lightening bolt hitting 7k and crit 17k

Then you can talent when you earthshock (50k) you can have it overcharge up to 3 times.

Add in storm and boom you just gibbed a fool.

Honestly ele shaman is in a decent spot, certainly a lot better than 8.0

1 Like

You like being a free kill for every other class you come across ??

Maybe, but the rest of us do not .

Ya but some ‘Shaman’ won’t rest till it’s back to the very bottom of the heap… since the call for the nerfs.

8.0, everywhere you look D Priests running around unkillable , and out DPS’s ing actual DPS and no issues . Shaman gets one usesful tool and the call are there to nerf it .

The stun doesn’t need to do 50% of someone’s health though, the damage is there already with our cds.

the best caster in bfa is bm hunter.the most mobile on the move instant caster in the game for pvp yes all of bm hunters abilities say ranged on them which makes them a caster.

Lightning Lasso is fine. 1: it’s affected by DR which includes the damage component of it. 2: Stormbringer and Surge of Power were already both nerfed once on the PTR. 3: If you are insta-gibbing people with surge, lava shock, and aftershock, it sounds like lava shock and aftershock need another nerf before surge. The surge / icefury / primal elementalist tier has such close percentages in regards to damage increases or losses it’s nearly perfect for “pick the style you like” type of play versus “everyone must choose this one ability because the others suck”. Reducing Stormkeeper back to it’s original state will make the bottom tier a must for ascendance, as with the loss of high voltage it’s a lot harder to get stacks with unlimited power. Especially since mastery is coined as one of our “worst” stats.