So, if they are going Blue side Red side

You know i just want to see a horde run continent v an alliance run one with current lore in 10 years the horde run ond would be a toxic desert while alliance is a green utopia

1 Like

Screw boring generic medieval Europe #642256, Kalimdor or bust.

4 Likes

Exactly.

If Blizzard wants playable Alliance Elves in the Eastern Kingdoms, High Elves are waiting for them.

3 Likes

I would like to see the Draenei settle western plague lands, highevles/Void take back silvermoon, Night elves settle Lordearon and Worgen back in Gilneas.

Be like having all the original kingdoms back.

Besides Darkshore is already a plagued deforested mess same with Ashenvale, Starting In Lordearon could be an untouched paradise.

3 Likes

Seriously. Putting nelves in EK just cements them as being a replacement goldfish for high elves. Screw that, we’ve got enough bland, vanilla races in the alliance.

1 Like

Maybe if night elves move to EK and put on i guess white face and pretend to br high elves blizzard will finally stop trying to kill them all.

2 Likes

I mean … not to be that person, but there still is no more brutalized PC race than the Darkspear. When you have threads rightly asking how they are not extinct, you know they’ve had a bad go of things (so have the NEs, but not THIS bad).

• Butchered by the Amani while they were part of the Gurubashi
  • Massacred by the Gurubashi when the tribe fractured
  • Slaughtered by the Naga AND Kul Tirans when they PERMANENTLY lost their ancestral homes and tribal leader during their evacuation of the Darkspear Isles
  • Losing their replacement home the Echo Isles for YEARS due to Daelin AND Zalazane
  • Being murdered en mass under Garrosh’s Horde
  • Having their ONLY reward for ALL of this (Warchief Vol’jin) be totally squandered, then murdered by a trash mob (leaving them officially leaderless to this day)

Yes … there is some sort of movement on the dead Vol’jin story, Rokhan is FINALLY getting some reasonable development, and Zekhan is a rather unexpected nice touch; but the NEs have quite a ways to go b4 they are THIS messed up. And note … they aren’t the ONLY PC race to never get their ancestral homes returned (Draenor and Argus are both inhospitable for the most part … no lasting civilization can really be built upon them; just the dregs of them). :smiley:

7 Likes

Some things are worse than death.

1 Like

Maybe if they pretend to be humans blizz will lesve thrm alone.

While all of that is true, we haven’t seen them so badly beat during the WoW time frame.

At least they did reclaim the dark spear portion of Durotar.

Well … I mean if you’re going to just arbitrarily exclude content outside of WoW to make the Kaldorei seem like the biggest victims EVAR … sure? Hell, the majority of the Darkspear’s tragedies happened IN or SINCE WC3 (its within the games).

Warcraft is a strange little universe where nearly every PC race (save the dwarves) have suffered catastrophic, near-extinction, level events (with several losing their ancestral homes FOREVER). The Kaldorei are just the next domino in line sadly…

However, some of the “beatings” some NE players seem to harp on also aren’t really anything more than the race struggling against opponents they SHOULD struggle against (the Legion; the Firelands; the Nightmare). Sacrifices were made to defeat each of these, but the Kaldorei did show their strength each time. The conflict against the Horde is the exception (and honestly while I despise this war, in hypothetical matchups the Horde SHOULD start gradually bridging that gap in power between themselves and the NEs; due to the NEs own military stagnation).

2 Likes

Tim Burton’s style is neat, but I wouldn’t want to live in it.

2 Likes

Not just the Darkspear, but Trolls in general. People forget that Night Elves killed far more Trolls in their bid for land and power than all those on your list combined.

And The Night Elves brought the Legion on themselves. They were so busy basking in the glory of their Almighty Queen, ignorning the genocide of the Trolls as long as it got them land and power, that they failed to see the giant demon in the corner.

So why give them credit for fixing a problem they created? Hell, the Legion didn’t even know where Azeroth was until the Night Elves let them in the front door.

Not to mention, the only way to fix the problem was to break the world an dkill how many countless sentient beings?

A problem so big, that the only solution to fixing it was blowing up the world.

But yeah, they are the victims of the world.

2 Likes

There is a discussion to be had there yes … as with the Draenei.

On the other hand, I am unsure if it is supportive of the Red Kalimdor idea or not but … did the Horde just release a bunch of SUPER invasive species into the continent when we rescued the AU Mag’har? Pretty sure I recall Saberon, Botani, Gronn, Ogron, and even Goren being seen (those things are going to breed like crazy on a continent with no natural predators).

1 Like

As far as I know, AU Draenor is a dying world because of all the crazy time crap. It’s post-apocalyptic now. So, releasing anything is a moot point.

It’s only a matter of time before the AU Draenei come to our world.

1 Like

Yeah … strangely it is one of the plot threads I’m actually still interested in.

On the other hand, I dunno … I feel like bringing a bunch of the Draenor native species TO Kalimdor is bound to fundamentally alter the natural environment of Kalimdor. Like the Botani alone are going to be terrifying (and don’t try to tell me at least a few of those buggers didn’t try to smuggle in some magnasaur cores).

2 Likes

The difference there being we already have natural predators to all those things, not to mention a very populated planet.

By the time we got there, there wasn’t very much of anything left. It was about as barren as you could get and still support life.

I say the N.Elves would take either Hinterlands or Duskwood considerin’ there are Emerald Dreamways located there.

I kinda want to see the Forsaken move into Dustwallow Marsh and build over the ruins of Theramore. Bet the Nightborne would have some means of soppin’ up all that Arcane energy into somethin’ useful.

IF a blue EK and red Kalimdor is the goal, then I would like to see at least small outposts in enemy territory to give the PC quests were they do Cold War style, covert ops to keep up tensions between Alliance and Horde… but never escalates to the crap we see in BFA.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there also something to do with Murlocs? Or was that just some BS from the old race segment that Spuddyc posted.

Can’t really blame the horde cause both the Orcs and Mag’har would also be considered an invasive species as would the Dreanei on Ally-side.

Botani, huh? With the Alliance and Horde too busy fighting Sylvanas’ stupid war we should have some Genesaurs popping up soon in Ashenvale, Darkshore, and Feralas if not Fellwood as well. Maybe even Desolace and the Barrens if the regrowth stuff is still going strong. The quest chain in Shadowmoon in WoD showed it didn’t take too much and could be done under the eyes of the Dreanei involved with the Iron Horde as a distraction.

Not sure if the Gronn, Ogron, and Goren can grow the Magnaron like the Botani can with Genesaurs. I can easily see them infesting Stonetalon.

Was any of the Arrokoa there?

1 Like