So if Goblins go to the highest bidder can the alliance buy them out

Seems pretty clear the alliance have the economy and industrial might to sway the goblins over. Is it just a simple matter of buying the cartels out?

2 Likes

New leader of the Bilgewater Cartel:

Gazlowe says: Huh, this partnership wasn't half bad. Reminds me how profitable working with you Alliance mooks can be.
3 Likes

Theoretically yes. I don’t see it happening, but nothing’s stopping that from working if the alliance offers enough.

1 Like

From a gameplay/developer perspective, they can’t since they’re already a established core Horde race by now.

From a lore perspective? Yeah, I don’t know what the actual F does the Horde has profit/economy-wise that the Alliance doesn’t.

2 Likes

That’s easy!

Demand.

The Bilgewater Cartel’s bread and butter is arms sales. The Alliance already has their own pipeline for everything they make, there’s no demand there. The Horde depends on the cartel for a huge portion of its war materiel.

51 Likes

That’s…

A pretty good answer! Makes sense.

1 Like

Yes. The Alliance has just never had as much need (and probably trust) for them as the Horde. The Alliance races can cover pretty much all the things the Horde requires them for.

Even before the Horde got playable goblins with the Bilgewater Cartel in Cata, Horde goblin npcs were fairly common in Vanilla, TBC, and especially Wrath. The Horde has been shown to rely on the Steamwheedle Cartel for construction, city planning, transportation, excavation, shipwrights, engineering, and more since the founding of Durotar shown in The Frozen Throne. Even the Reign of Chaos orc campaign, there’s one level in which the objective is to hire zeppelins, another level that requires hiring zeppelins to reach Stonetalon peak, a third level with a side objective to help a goblin out and receive shredders, and the Horde uses goblin landmines to guard their base in the defense of Hyjal.

8 Likes

The Alliance is not as rich as some would have you believe. Stormwind has been struggling to pay its bills since the game first came out. Not to mention, they cheated the Stonemasons out of their pay, the guys who rebuilt stormwind were never paid. The only ones who potentially have wealth the goblins want is the draenei and their crystal space ship, but mining that thing is likely to make it collapse.

The horde has something far more valuable to trade princes than the Alliance does, lack of regulation. In the Horde Gallywix is free to plunder the land for wealth and resources and amass a massive fortune.

The Alliance probably would not allow such a thing, the night elves in particular would not allow the exploitation of the land for wealth in the way the goblins do it. Long story short, the Horde is more beneficial to Gallywix than the Alliance would be.

10 Likes

I think gnomes probably wouldn’t appreciate the competition and throw a couple of spanners in the works.

Uh, again, they upped the fee agreed upon after the fact, breach of contract by the Stonemasons. And due to Black Dragon and ultimately N’zoth shinanigans in the first place. Don’t misrepresent the issue, Horde boy.

5 Likes

I think they’d take more offense to the stereotypically ultra-ruthless hyper capitalism that they’d stick on all the tech.

Goblins love gold and explosions
Gnomes love tech and inventions/inventing.

I dunno the lore on this one, but as a bit of trivia, there are a lot of jurisdictions where a breach of contract by party A does not let party B off the hook for the contract, though they may be entitled to remunerations.

maybe not the rest of the alliance but kultiras gained a lot and i mean a lot of gold confiscating to pirates and sacking zandalar.

i believe that they now have the gold to buy the goblins, the question would be, do they need goblins?.

i am not so sure about that, if the zandalari found out that the goblins were stealing their gold they would not be happy.

3 Likes

Not to mention the they’ve got the best land for production and gains.

This expansion the Alliance won Kul’tiras that has:

Stormsong Valley, full of farms and specialized shipyards.
Tiragarde Sound, big income from fishing and other sea-related activities.
Drustvar, few farms but a lot of slaughterhouses and mines

While the Horde got:
Zuldazar, seems to bring some fishing in.
Nazmir, hostile territory even after Talanji’s expedition, worthless swamp.
Vol’dun, useless wasteland, even Genn says it’s a land not even worth fighting for.

3 Likes

Not only that but they seem to have capable carpinters that could work extremely fast like that one that finished anduin’s ship in a day

Now sure, she was the exception but how far she is from the average carpinter? i bet that not by much considering that it is in their culture.

2 Likes

They must have accomplished carpenters for sure, but I think she was an exception, since she was a (unbeknownst to her) a Shaman, and all the elementals she called sped up the process by a good chunk.

However they have Tidesages too, so if needed they could sped up other ships as well.

2 Likes

Wtf did I just read. Almost everything you said was wrong

Did you just leave out the amount of gold that Zuldazar had???

Because that alone worth as much or maybe much than everything kul tiras have.

1 Like

Even if a faction of sorts already has a supply of it’s own source, the denial of the faction that it’s against is a perfectly sound and reasonable move. So it doesn’t really discount why the Alliance wouldn’t just buy out as many goblins as they could so to speak.

I thought the Alliance looted some of the gold there, yeah.

Even if you take in account the gold, I was talking about production gains. Not static wealth. I bet all that gold was accumulated when the Empire was at its peak, nowadays, they barely can hold he Naga at bay

2 Likes