So i watched the Classic WoW with Creator Video

BfA is Legion 2.0-- nothing here is new.

Well make reputations more enjoyable and different, not WQs Trackers which is basically what they are.

Remove War/Titan Forging

Make profession matter again

Re-add PvP vendors

Stop making constant recolors of mounts, 1 horse is enough, not like 6 of them

Hard achievements that reward mounts should give an unique or at least really rare mount, not a recolor of other 3+ mounts

Slow down the Store mounts (6 in one expansion is just absurd)

If a system works and is liked, dont remove it, such has the MoP Rep bonuses

What he said

Stop giving gear like crazy (WQs)

Stop invalidating older raids when a new raid comes out

And those are the ones i can think about at the moment

Well make reputations more enjoyable and different, not WQs Trackers which is basically what they are.

I’ve always exalted almost All factions in the game. Got the 100 exalted rep achievement recently. Grinding rep is far worse than WQs and emissaries giving huge gobs of rep. Killing a mob for 3 rep all day is AWFUL.

Remove War/Titan Forging

I like getting surprise presents. This system is just that. Expecting a little car for birthday and boom it’s a Lamborghini. Nice surprise.

Make profession matter again

My professions are super useful to ME. My alts all max their profs and make things for each other. They’re always enchanted, gemmed, flask’d and carry food, meds, etc.

Re-add PvP vendors

We have those already. And crafters can make basic PvP gear. The other stuff comes from ranking up, which is the correct way to gear.

Stop making constant recolors of mounts, 1 horse is enough, not like 6 of them

Nope, keep making more. I need like 40 mounts for the next achievement.

Hard achievements that reward mounts should give an unique or at least really rare mount, not a recolor of other 3+ mounts

Plus one more for my count is all I want. Not like I’m going to ever ride that unique leech thing, eww.

Slow down the Store mounts (6 in one expansion is just absurd)

I dunno about 6 but the latest pair is faction specific. It’s WoW anniversary time. I don’t know about the other 4 but I prolly bought them, cuz you know, collector.

If a system works and is liked, dont remove it, such has the MoP Rep bonuses

They made the Inscription faction scroll things. That works with Any WQ every day and adds up pretty quickly. You’re not limited to queue waiting and dungeon restrictions.

Stop giving gear like crazy (WQs)

How else are we supposed to gear our lousy alts and fill in where RNG denies us? The highest gear you can get is like 415 - which is not even close to raid gear.

Stop invalidating older raids when a new raid comes out

Not sure what you mean there. The older raids are all still there and achievements and mog gear still available. If they made older raids the same level of difficulty as current ones, you won’t be able to solo them. Can you handle 25 full-on raids per week?

Okay, your suggestions were posted and they were lacking (and nothing new since people have said the same things for the last year). Come up with unique original ideas that Blizzard could be interested in (of course they can’t use it in current development but maybe in the future).

The issue is that is just WQs now, before we had more options, WQs should be one of them, not he whole thing

The problem with this one is that is RNG, you want the best gear? you need to win the roulette twice, first that you get the item and second that you get the upgraded version

And example would be that, theres 2 players with the exact level of skill, but one got more lucky with War/Titan forge, he gets the spot in the raid just cause of it

Yet making armor or weapons is basically a waste, only prof that seem to matter are Enchant, Alchemy and Cooking. (not counting gathering ones)

Ok i didnt knew that

Then make more original mounts, not 7 recolors of one

Well i guess thats just preference but still the Mount should be more unique, like that Crab mount

Well i guess the Alabaster ones get a pass due to the anniversary thing, but still 6 mounts in one Exp is just a bit too much, 2 should be more than enough

Oh yeah… 10 more rep for one mission, should give at least 20

They could tie them to Emissary, World bosses, dungeon or raids, plus theres the Benthic gear.

I mean raids of the same Exp, not the old ones form other expansions

I disagree.

One cannot restate the number of times that people from the Classic Forums have come into General Discussion, and made claims that were intentionally designed to create forum unrest.

IE: “Classic will kill Retail.” Etc. (Which is a matter of opinion more than actual fact).

That in and of itself though wouldn’t be enough to convince me that General Discussion needs a Blue Post. But when you have talk of BC Servers down the road? Then it becomes a very worthwhile question to ask the Developers the following:

“Are you guys planning to leave Retail in the place it is, and focus as a company on strictly remasters / Legacy content / the older titles you have? Or are we going to see Warcraft continue to move forward, evolve, and grow as a franchise?”

As a player, I want to know how much of an interest or investment Blizzard still has in Retail.

And the answer would be “no” for all the reasons we know the answer will be “no”. Because despite the unknowns of Classic (more the unknown unknowns), the base assumption of early zeal, early fallout, and a sustained, but slowly dying passionate base are realistic assumptions. None of which are conducive to a growing company, to one looking for not just retaining customers, but finding new ones, to one that’s looking to exploit their IP in any practical way possible.

Honestly, the worse decision they made was progressive rollout of the content, IMHO. I think that’s a lie to the population and sets a false expectation. All of the arguments the Classicists make are about things unrelated to progression, and I think they should have just opened it all up and let the fur fly.

Now we have people flying to Las Vegas to sit in chairs with bedpans for 10 days for some false glory that has nothing to do with Classic at all.

But, whatever.

I’m eager to be surprised, I’m just not anticipating it.

If you have a source on that, I would love to see it. At this point it just being “a given” isn’t really something I can count as reliable. This isn’t a slam on you Piddy, but at the end of the day; I’d just rather have something concrete is all, and I expect there are some players who feel the same.

This is in part because of the fact that people have been asking all of BFA for more communication, and then Classic rolls around and has tons of communication (more than some past Expansion Beta Tests have to be honest).

And they can’t give you a concrete answer as any dynamic company will tack the sails with the wind. But they do have Meteorologists that can plan the big storms, so it the predictions of Hurricane Classic seem pretty well set. Heavy rain and stormsurge, lasting rain with clearing clouds and sunshine in the next few months.

But, who knows. Black swans happen. All answers are “*” and can change with circumstance.

I don’t think asking if they intend to keep Retail a priority at the present is a bad thing to ask, unless they have some unspoken desire /intention; string players on Retail along while they shift development to Classic, much like what happened with Zandalari / Kul’Tirans.

It’s a fair question to ask.

What went wrong? For us, and probably for a lot of the devs, WoW is special. For the people in charge of the money, it isn’t. It’s a game that’s over a decade old with a playerbase so invested in it now that they are almost never universally satisfied, with so many websites dedicated to devouring the content that no matter how much is put out there, it never lasts as long as it’s supposed to. WoW is the king of a genre it actually helped to kill, and many, many AAA gaming companies now consider MMOs too risky to invest in.

I’ve felt for a while now that the dev team has basically seen WoW on the chopping board for active support ever since MoP. I’m convinced that’s what happened with WoD, and ever since then it’s been a game for the dev team of trying to show that this dinosaur of a game is still profitable so that the higher ups don’t put it on life support.

Keep in mind I’m not defending the direction of the game, my post history will show I have a lot of issues with it, especially the story. But it seems silly to me to lament that WoW’s “gone wrong” when it will be celebrating 15 years this coming year. Name one game that’s remained actively supported and with a huge, active playerbase for 15 years.

If WoW had been shut down two expansions ago, it still wouldn’t have been a failure. If it shuts down tomorrow, it won’t be a failure. The only metric of failure you have to compare it to is… itself.

I can’t agree with this comment enough. I believe it really is the root of the issue.

2 Likes

Key point, they all had no idea what they were doing. They just did what was fun. Now everyone knows what they are doing and it isnt working.

Hire 30 kids in college to make wow 2 basically. Granted it would probably be called Wow2 return of the SJW

Sounds lazy.

Activision destroys everything it touches…but this wasn’t all on them. Blizzard got greedy and overconfident, assuming that they could put minimal effort into their products and still reap huge profits, probably partially influenced by Activision. It worked…for awhile, but then people started to wake up.

Blizzard needs to do what Bungie did and sever ties with Activision so they can at least have some dignity. From what I’ve seen lately I feel as though Blizzard seems to be sort of “getting it” but they’ve got a ways to go yet. They’ve suffered a lot of financial setbacks recently. Perhaps they are finally ready to address the elephant in the room: Activision. And the other one, Ion.

1 Like

Plot twist, EA buys blizzard

Next expansion: World of Warcraft, Rise of the lootboxes

Man, don’t even joke about that!

1 Like

I hazard that it’s a mixture between what the players had wanted, to an extent, coupled with the decisions Blizzard had to make as a business.

It wasn’t enough that WoW was already making the most amount of revenue for them, they had to come up with ways to get us paying even more while sacrificing a lot of core gameplay mechanics.

No more exploration, no more true sense of achievement. Everything is designed to be a treadmill to get you to the endgame and to keep you playing.

But let’s not put all the blame on Blizzard. A majority of the QOL changes people disparage and desired to not tainting Classic were requested by players over the years to bring a bit more convenience and flavor to the game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard devs have their hands tied behind their back a bit too, i mean do they have complete creative freedom which the original team had.

70 odd people made Vanilla WoW i have no idea how many work on it now but im sure its a lot more than that, it might take more people to develop now as well, but to many cooks can ruin a broth.

Anyway nice post could be onto something there.

I like how people who are watching this video are all like “OMG THEY HAD SO MUCH PASSION AND LOVE THE GAME!”

Guys, let us be real, the devs have NEVER cared about the customer base. WoW is so big it simply cannot fail short of doing something incredibly dumb. All these videos are made for the intent of creating hype, for making you think the devs care.
They don’t care. They never have, and they never will.
Why do you think ghostcrawler left?
Blizzard does not believe in communication, they don’t believe in the notion that you are worth hearing out. Not unless you are directly making them money, and have a money making idea.

Which is rather funny since it is determined one loses as much as 30% of one’s profit with a lack of communication

Corporate greed.