So i watched the Classic WoW with Creator Video

And… WHAT WENT SO WRONG?!

I see people caring about making something new, making it fun, the experience, FREAKING MOTIVATION!!!

But now all we have is… Store mounts, how to make players play more (by forcing them) time gating everything so people need longer subs, WQs…

This is just sad…

73 Likes

Activision happened.

…But it’s probably more complex than that.

26 Likes

Considering how many garbage moves they do, like they did with Crash team racing recently

I wouldn’t be surprised that Activision is the whole reason the game has go downhill

17 Likes

They spoke a lot of being naive and just being willing to try new things. Maybe thats it, their willingness to insert themselves and their passions into the game without concern of time played metrics. Just made a game that they wanted to play as opposed to one that was the best formula to consume time

17 Likes

If you feel like they are forcing you to play more, why don’t you take a break? Don’t allow them to control your time, you will not miss anything.

6 Likes

Well its more that they are forcing you to wait.

For example, im missing 100 Rep points to get exalted, i can easily get that in 5 mins but the games is like: NOPE you cant farm anymore today, you MUST wait hours for our WQs to pop up

13 Likes

That’s what I don’t like, the limitations. Some days I want to play twelve hours straight, so why can’t I benefit from that?

11 Likes

You can put on an Inscription doodad and do 10 random WQs for 100 points…or are you doing that already?

5 Likes

That kind of logic is illegal here, please stop.

10 Likes

Call the police

2 Likes

Well, are you using the method available to keep gaining faction rep all day? You know more WQs spawn every few hours, right? This is how some people got PF2 done in 2 days - without making a forum cry thread. :laughing:

2 Likes

they all sold out, climbing over eachother to get better pay. Never have I seen a company go so wrong. The video is obviously scripted to the point we know it’s fake. They just want your money. They don’t care about you or anyone else. IF they did care, they wouldn’t have been caught using outdated framework software when their servers were hacked.

20 Likes
2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s just activison, what you saw in those original people was a desire to creating something that at time had never been done before. It was a passion project not just a job to make a living. The game is old the you can’t expect people to get a pumped about it now as they did when first starting out.

Great video though! They look genuinely excited to be playing classic!

2 Likes

Really? There’s like 6. The WoW store is the least egregious cash shop I’ve ever seen in a game. You guys really need to give it a rest. There are a lot of things that could be called out in WoW, the store mounts aren’t one of them.

25 Likes

Yeah screw them for trying to get more money! Literally 95% of people would do what they can to get paid more. Talking more in terms of the individual not the company.

It wasnt has bad before, but you cant deny they are getting ridiculous with the amount they release after each expansion

Specially with the amount of recolors (Some of them even old mounts) we have Ingame currently

3 Likes

You’re pretty much dead on.

** /me throws a rock at a tree… which begins to emit a loud buzzing noise **

The WoW token is the real game killer. :money_with_wings:

2 Likes

While I agree wholeheartedly about time gating, this still is not a big deal. There are hundreds of mounts in game, and Blizzard has had exclusive mounts obtained with real money since Classic.

And WQs are just a fancier version of daily quests we’ve gotten.

But there are definite issues to address, too. I just don’t think the above two are problematic.

4 Likes

It still isn’t.

Yes I absolutely can.

Right now there is 14 mounts(i was wrong with my figure, sorry about that.) and 14 pets in the shop. That’s less than 1 pet and 1 mount per year. I’d say that’s pretty damn good.

3 Likes