So, I read the new book and.. [spoilers]

It was just more alliance bias. Worthless book. I hope they hire some actual horde loving author for once instead of just the average nightelf oh so terrible we are better then you fangirl into the mix. The Alliance bias of alliancesplaining dead dropping their half felt problems on places where they don’t belong. Especially not in a book that was about to cover the Horde situation now with the council intact. Alliance bias keeps popping up in unwanted places. And big F to Tyrande for being an edgy emo girl. Stupid alliance.

Literally most of the book is about the Horde. The central story is almost entirely about Zandalar. Thrall and Talanji are main characters.

The only Alliance characters who significantly effects the plot is Shaw and Fairweather. Otherwise it’s just a stressed Anduin or Jania side-eyeing Turalyon/Alleria. And I didn’t mind any of that.

Tyrande is allowed to have a bit of an attitude. Her city was burned down and her story in BFA sucked, I’d ge mad too.

8 Likes

How was Tyrande supposed to act towards the Horde though? Kiss Thrall’s feet and tell him all is forgiven? That’s not how reparations work at all.

1 Like

This scene simply shouldn’t have happened at all. Bring Thrall to the Earthen Ring base of operations. Not Nordrassil. There was no other reason for that scene to happen besides alliance self glooming themselves once again. Your comment just prooves what I mean lmao.

Unlike Forsaken Night elves still have a story with all their 6 big names of leaders alive while Sylvanas got the villain bat. I call more alliance bias here on this since it is always horde leaders that go evil while Alliance once get devine intervention of blizzard devs themselves calling them Protgaonists for bigger plots and holy and mighty.

1 Like

Why didn’t it? It was meant to show there were still some animosity between the Horde and the Alliance. Like someone already said, the book was mostly about the Horde, with just Shaw and Flynn, and Jaina and Anduin sideglancing Turalyon and Alleria.

Also: This is more of a sidenote, but six? Who’s the sixth?

1 Like

Malfurion
Tyrande
Shandris
Jarod
Maiev
Mordent Evenshade

those are the six leaders of nightelf society. Last one for the highborne mages.

Jarod is irrelevant. So is Mordent. It’s like saying Belmont or Hercular are “big name” Forsaken characters. Sure, they are decently known, but they are highly irrelevant to the story.

7 Likes

None of them are irrelevant. They all got story for bfa and legion. Mordent features in the warfront which was canonically a alliance win. Played yourself.

Yeah, as a 30 seconds boss fight.

The Horde got literal divine intervention to save two of our characters in the story. And now pretty firmly have an actual god on their side that the Banshee Queen is worried about because he can snatch souls away from the Jailor.

I was honestly expecting more Alliance annoyance because this is very much a Horde story. Tyrande’s a glorified cameo. And nothing about their status quo changes. I mean they did get a lovely Sin/Outlaw Rogue power couple out of the mix and that’s neat. And they get the Dark Warden but that was a gift from the Horde.

But this actually continued Zandalar’s story and explained how the Horde council works. Actual world building.

5 Likes

Forsaken are still rotting away in orgrimmar. Night Elves relocated to Hyjal and won Darkshore back. It is obvious here who the devs love more. Undead and fellow Horde are still but a sidenote in the cosmic plot that is to come in Shadowlands and afterwards. It is like Lilian Voss said. They are once more being cast away.

3 Likes

While I agree Forsaken got the short end of the stick, to say this was an Alliance-biased story is disingenous at best. The Alliance got very short moments scattered through the book to, y’know, world build.

2 Likes

Of course the Nelves are in Hyjal. That’s where everybody assumed they’d go. The Forsaken don’t really have an easy place to go live.

This was a story predominantly about Talanji and Zandalar. I wasnt expecting the Forsaken to have any resolution here, nor would I want that, as it’d be a tacked on subplot. I just wanted Voss to tear a dark ranger’s head off like she does to her dad and nearly Gandling.

At least Baine got to do something neat. One solid blow from him and the Dark Warden is KO’ed. Nice to see the Tauren actually getting to be presented as the power houses they are.

Plus Ji Firepaw is doing kung fu flips. Glad to see him back in the story. Honestly the Horde came out of this great. The Belves and Forsaken didn’t do much but not every story need be about them. The Forsaken are my favorite but I love all of the Horde factions.

6 Likes

Also I don’t want Tyrande to kiss anyones feet. The pulp of the story in that specific scene was pointless because all we know the PCs will stop Sylvanas and not Thrall or any Horde member.

Of course, but at least it functioned as a setup to Sira getting captured.

2 Likes

He is an alliance pawn. We don’t need Baine betraying Tauren interests at every steps while sending his horn to Anduin.

Tauren are. Baine is not.

Ingame they do. I am greatful they didn’t forget about Kael and his ties to belves. In Revendreth.

2 Likes

Yeah, of course the Forsaken do stuff in game. This story just really wasn’t about them. And that’s fine this was about the Zandalari. I like the Zandalari, so I liked the story about them.

Would’ve been nice if my faves got some spotlight but w/e I’m not going to throw a tantrum for not getting an equal attention cake.

I don’t think there was tension, it seemed like a funny “Ew, let me step away from this void portal” moment but it wasn’t anger or hate?

if we are talking about the moment with the void elf and the Lightforged draenei stepping out of the portal, the word used was “disgust”.

Definite discomfort at least. Which can lead to eventual tension.