So I guess the level squish is official now

Mainly I wanted to see the address it was sent from

Reducing the number of levels doesn’t mean that they’d be speeding up leveling. They could make it so leveling to 60 takes as long as it does to get to 120 now.

9 Likes

It’s real. Sorry Dude. I got the survey last night myself.

While I could maybe support a leveling squish, are you sure they indicated this?

Why not just make WOW 2 or something if you are going to set everyone back to level 1.

If you think the backlash from a squish would be bad, just imagine what would happen if they went ahead and dropped everyone’s progress back to the beginning.

What evs, I’m not paying to go back to some 60 level system. It’s redundant in terms of product interest for me.

3 Likes

Leveling already is broken all to heck. What makes it bearable is being able to pick and choose expansions and zones in no specific order to vary the process.

You can also level nearly as fast as prior to 7.2 using Azeroth Autopilot. In fact, the GD resident warrior only leveler has done it in under 20 hours. Just watch for any poster featuring Juggs in their character name.

Pretty sure I’ve got less than 30 hours in this character and that’s not using Warmode and with plenty of goofing off downtime and no Pathfinder achievements. (He’s also 120 and has been for a few days, the forums just decline to update him.)

1 Like

Oh, sure, I can cap that section of the email.

https://i.imgur.com/D1i1tLV.jpg

1 Like

Address seems legit, though I’m still highly skeptical Blizz would use a third party for surveys when they’re perfectly capable of doing them on their own site.

This is so badly needed. A level squish would be absolutely amazing.

I say squish them all, and bring back a system where each level rewards either a point in a revised talent system (Legion Weapons-esque would be ideal) or a new ability or rank of ability. Make each level matter in power, so you’re not having a huge gap in leveling where the level honestly doesn’t even matter, outside of it being a higher number than the last.

Squish everyone down to 60. Adjust gear accordingly. No more character levels. Have an experience bar that counts towards extra talent levels for 10 levels each expansion, but you always stay at 60.

Boom. Done.

1 Like

/shrug

It seems like most corporations farm these things out to third party sites these days. From the variables people are seeing (such as the question about how much we’d be willing to pay for a boost, and how some answers take the survey down a different questioning path), I can see why Blizzard would use a third party rather than inventing their own wheel.

2 Likes

I’m glad I unsubscribed. There is a gonna be a mass exodus of all the solo players once this happens, and the people who celebrate that will then complain there is less people to group with because most solo players still group sometimes, or they chat, buy stuff on AH and do all kinds of stuff that doesn’t involve forced grouping.

13 Likes

Of course it’s official. As I said back at the time, once Ion raised the topic “out of the blue” in a Q&A, it was clearly already a done deal.

They know it’s going to upset a lot of people. But they’re going to do it anyway, further stripping out the RPG from this MMO.

15 Likes

I like to solo older mythic raids.If this level squish destroys the ability for me to do that, then I’m probably going to have to say goodbye to the World of Warcraft.
I’m hoping we get some kind of official response from Blizzard soon because this news is starting to worry me.

11 Likes

i would like to play wow for 1 more expansion so hopefully they hold it off a bit longer. They struggled balancing the last smaller squish, and they think they can do such a large scale one without destroying 85% of the games balance.

1 Like

This is my biggest concern with the level squish. The last stat squish messed with a few things and can’t imagine what a level squish will do

NOTE: sorry about previous deleted post just coming back into wow and getting use to the new forums.

3 Likes

since when does blizzard send surveys via gizmo ? pretty sure they always use their own platform

I’ve acknowledged it’s more likely than not legitimate. I realize I was in the top 10 first responders, but OP had provided zero proof outside of making the initial statement.

Later, they provided images … which then gave me cause to realize OP may be legitimate. If you scroll down further, you’d see what I’m referencing. I’m not going to be sarcastic, because I’ve been guilty of not reading the entirety of a thread before responding to something.

I’m not ashamed of expressing my initial doubt, thus why I have not changed it to pretend I didn’t say it in the first place. I’d prefer to remain accountable for my choice of verbiage on these forums. If someone comments, I’ll be happy to discuss my stance at the time and to debate the validity of whether I’m right or wrong. Much like I’m doing right now.

Have a good day.

:vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Yeah, if real they’re farming out to really dodgy 3rd party survey instruments now and the ideas are terrible. It’s an indicator of which way this game is headed. I’ve mostly been supportive of the decisions they’ve made but this is Idiocracy level.

2 Likes

wowhead felt it was legit enough to post it on the front page so we can take that into account.

While I love WoWhead, I have scriptblockers and adblockers in place primarily for their benefit. :thinking: In any case we should get back to focusing on certain premises posed by the instrument, like the concept of being rolled back to level ONE with legit no say in the matter.

1 Like