So how was Alchemy in classic?

Is it worth to pick back then from start? Or should i just get leatherworking and get myself a bit better gear on leveling?

I loved it, but I am an Alchemist for life.

alchemy is the most important trade skill.

Alchemy gets more mileage on the alliance vs the horde.

Alchemy is an amazing profession, but it takes a while to come into its own. Making your own potions and flasks is nice, but once the general crowd hits 60 and needs them, then you start making bank. Before that raw gold from selling ore and skins (or herbs and skins) to the vendor is largely the best way to make money. Alchemy is definitely one of the best professions in vanilla, however.

Why’s that?

Really good. For example, most healers doing progression content will need to be chugging mana potions every 2 minutes, not to mention flasks, fire res pots etc

Alchemy is one of the most holy and valued professions. Everybody loves an alchemist. There are some 30 or so commonly used potions in the endgame, after all. I’m just guesstimating. If somebody wants to go and count, that’d be really cool.

I can’t remember them all, but there are a bunch.

Alchemy is great for money since people always need consumables for raiding.

Both p0rofessions are good. Alchemy and Leatherworking…

Alchemy is a little overrated in my opinion due to the fact that there are so many alchemists, there will be a lot of competition… for selling herbs and potions.

WIll be a buyers market for a good while…

After saying that, it is still the most stable profession… you will always have a slow trickle of income. And you can use potions more freely… idk, I always see myself as being more stingy with my potions if I buy them rather than make them xD regardless of whether I have tons of money or not.

Behind Engineering. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Acording to wowhead’s Druid PvE Healing Guide:

Professions are an important part of Classic WoW, offering useful benefits to players dedicated enough to maximize their potential. Whether crafting and enchanting pieces of gear, supplying your own consumables, or utilizing unique gadgets, professions can considerably enhance your gameplay. You can learn more about all professions in our Classic WoW Professions Overview.

Druid players have no crafted pieces of gear that require you to be any profession to use. So, there are no professions that the druid player absolutely must do. So, druid players are free to pick whatever professions they would like! It is typical though to see druids go Herbalism with Engineering or go Herbalism with Alchemy.

Many other classes, if they are optimizing their professions as well, cannot afford the luxury of having gathering professions because they have a best in slot item that requires a certain profession and also must have Engineering. This gives the Druids in your guild the opportunity to use their Herbalism to collect Black Lotus for their guildmates (or for yourself if love to bathe in wealth) and craft the most important consumables, flasks.

completely forgot about engineering, was it good in classic? Gadgets were more useful than now or something?

The way buff stacking works. Juju strength gives 30 strength, but horde have strength of earth totem which gives +77 strength so they don’t enjoy the benefits of it.

Engineering is the most common profession in Classic WoW for its incredibly wide array of uses. For example, it can be used for additional damage or utility for your raid using items such as Goblin Sapper Charge, Dense Dynamite, Gnomish Battle Chicken, and Arcanite Dragonling.

Yeah. Engineering is undisputed THE best profession, especially in PVP.

Yes, it was insanely useful. So many useful gadgets that didn’t share CDs. In both PvE and PvP it was a major profession that you’d be at a disadvantage not having.[quote=“Ironsides-stormreaver, post:12, topic:179327, full:true”]

The way buff stacking works. Juju strength gives 30 strength, but horde have strength of earth totem which gives +77 strength so they don’t enjoy the benefits of it.
[/quote]
Oh, duh. Gotcha.

Alch’s the king money maker, but it certainly takes a lot of time invested to get there. Consumables are peak-heavy in Classic, and nearly all of them come from Alchemists.

Flask recipes are a massive pain to collect, and you can only make flasks deep inside Scholomance (and BWL when that comes out). They also cost a ton of herbs to produce, and Black Lotus is difficult to come across.

But in Classic, Flasks stack with Elixirs, and Elixirs aren’t restricted to Battle/Guardian (only same-type Elixirs can’t stack).

Additionally, all casters will be chugging Mana potions on CD, not just Healers. Those are easy sells and they will always be valuable. You’ll also make a lot of money off of specific potions like Greater Fire Protection Potion and Magic Resistance Potion.