So how do we actually start a ticket these days?

Long story short, this character has a problem where Orgrimmar is phased, even though it’s been through the Legion intro scenario years ago.
I’ve been going through the mental gymnastics that is the support page for WoW and it’s quite a joke trying to actually just fill out a ticket now. It loops me back into the cookie cutter problem/solution junk I’ve been through already.
Bottom line is, I think it’s going to take a GM to go in and clear a quest or whatever is hanging the phase up as it is.

Any help from the fine folks on the forums would be appreciated.
Thanks

I would try the Stuck on Quest ticket path (In-game issues → Quests and Achievements → Stuck on Quest)

Here is a direct link via the website support:

Link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/472/ticket

3 Likes

Thank you. That was driving me nuts just trying to get to where I could fill out a form.
Hopefully they get it fixed up.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Best of luck!

1 Like

Check your quest log for any Mists, Warlords or BfA quests, as well.

3 Likes

I’ve completely emptied the log before and still had this problem. The only quests in the log now are DF quests

Usually when that happens, it’s a questline that’s partially started and can keep the city phased. If there are no quests in your log right now, it may be harder to pinpoint, but hopefully the GMs can help!

4 Likes

Opening quests for some of the expansions continue to phase Orgrimmar/Stormwind even if you drop the quest. You have to complete them to unphase Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

4 Likes

I will try this in the meantime. Very possible that I had started a quest chain with one of my children and did not complete it. The board is offering up 2 WoD and 1 MoP quests, so I’ll hop into the MoP one and see where it puts me.
Thanks for the ideas!

So far I’ve gotten the canned auto reply from support pointing me to the forums and other solutions that I’ve tried. So I replied to the ticket to keep it open for a GMs eyes to see. :crossed_fingers:

For this type of ticket, that’s standard. Reopening it is the right course of action too!

Best of luck!

4 Likes

Sadly, no resolution.
The reply from the GM was simply to disable all add-ons and send in a bug report.

Sorry, Zophar. Game Master’s usually will try to provide some basic troubleshooting steps if there aren’t any obvious known issues with the character and then recommend submitting a bug report so our QA folks can take a closer look.

I tend to like poking at these particular issues so let me see if I can figure it out. I’ll update this thread when I have something.

6 Likes

Found it. Looks like you had faction changed your Demon Hunter and some things didn’t translate, specifically the Legion quest into for Demon Hunters. You should be good now. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

vrakthris your profile isnt hidden. hide it.

Why would I do that? O.o

5 Likes

I think he may have seen several other Blizzard posters having chosen to hide their history/status like Orlyia. It’s purely a choice though.

I want folks to be able to see my posting history, so I keep it available. I don’t mind if it is public.

I think it was prompted because I was helping the moderation team out by cleaning up some reports. There was a thread in general that got a little out of hand.

9 Likes

Oh man! I’m so looking forward to seeing if this is fixed. It’s been bugging me for so long now :laughing:.

Yeah this character iirc was Horde, then Alliance and then Horde again. Makes sense that something didn’t swap over in the transfers.
Will update this evening to be sure :+1:

Update:
Holy cow! Thank you!
It has been messed up for a long time now, it’s so nice to have a portal to Valdrakken again.
You deserve a cookie, or steak, or beer :beers:

5 Likes

I could never say no to a steak, medium rare please. <3

Glad to help, Zophar.

9 Likes