So how does Pick Lock work now?

Just coming back to WoW after a few years hiatus and am leveling a rogue again. I did a search to see if there was any information on the forums about Pick Locks, but could not find any.

Can someone please explain how Pick Lock is working now? I understand you no longer have to practice it to level it (no more using the chests on the boat southeast of Ratchet).

Is it now your rogue’s level = the level of chest you can open, i.e. my level 20 rogue can open level 20 chests and he will have to wait until he is level 30 to pick a level 30 chest?

Did chest pick lock levels get squished as well in the pre-patch? I remember chests having levels of 300+ a few years ago…

its based on your level. Not 1 for 1 but essentially yes. You can also use it on locks during the opening questline in the Maw once shadowlands launches!

3 Likes

I really liked that beached ship south of ORG, pre-cata, that had all the chests on it. You could spend a lot of time lvling lock picking.

I just revisited that not too long ago for classic.
Since I’m leveling a new classic rogue soon I’ll be visiting the boat again. It’s the best part of leveling lockpicking since they’re all right there.

1 Like