So, How bad is it, really?

Long time Hordie here, returned after a decent break (got bored quick this expac).

I keep seeing Alliance screeching on about needing more people on Alliance. But how bad is it really there?

Specifically how are random bgs? How are your LFG and LFR queues?

When I used to play Alliance, they were totally inept when it came to any form of PVP. But the trade off was that they had good queue times for everything. I do miss the feel of Alliance, but the playability for me will always outweigh the pretty pixels.

I don’t know if there’s any truth to it, but I might be tempted to play on alliance for a bit if I had others to hang with. Going it alone just sounds boring and I’m already a loner horde side.

1 Like

Alliance players are generally lower caliber of skill in both PVP and PVE, across the board.

Plus side is their races are look nice, so generally worse players go there and better players over the years have migrated over to the horde. So it’s still pretty much the same.

7 Likes

Alliance players are nice, but if you want to do any pve or pvp that isn’t transmog then go horde. The sad fact is that all the good players are on horde and all the remaining alliance players are very bad at the game.

7 Likes

People go horde for the better racials. Not because they are better at the game.

26 Likes

Statistically the racials are in line with each other.

1 Like

Tell that to the Zandalari :rofl:

10 Likes

The racials that had placeholder numbers and are still in PTR, the race that isn’t out yet.

hmmmmm

5 Likes

They havent released yet. And anybody with an iq above 60 would realize its going to be changed. Watch bellulars recent video, he only touches on the zandalari controversy momentarily cuz its blatantly obvious that the numbers cant stay as they are. Alliance always finding reasons to complain smh

6 Likes

Alliance players who say the racials are imbalanced now are In denial. I’m any case small difference such as racials don’t really amount to much. It’s more of a player preference thing. A patterns emerged that the type of player that prefers alliance is also generally bad at the game.

Edit: please see the post below me for the typical excuse.

The game in pve is basically horde guild vs horde guild.

In pvp BGs are a joke because horde will always steam roll alliance. The real challenge is in arena when it’s horde players vs horde players.

Then how come almost every class has their best racial for both pve and pvp on the horde side? Let’s take Warlocks for example, Orcs and Trolls are miles better than any race the Alliance has.

3 Likes

How come after the human racial got nerfed after WoD everyone went Horde? It’s all for the racials.

6 Likes

If it weren’t for me, I’d have no one to play with :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, it’s not good. One of my guilds is dead, and the other is doing better, but not as well as when I first joined.

2 Likes

It seems that way since there are more women and children playing WOW in the alliance or a family playing the game. But also we got better people with manners. While the most horde players tend to be immature and rude to each other, most of the alliance players I’ve met so far have been very polite, understanding and had the mature attitude towards each other, not to mention a great sense of humor.

One plus side of playing the alliance is the Instant Queue for PvP dungeons and more enemies to kill with the warmode on.
We still got some alliance high population realms if population is the issue.

3 Likes

I still wouldn’t be shocked if Zandas released as they are now, not because of any “horde bias” bs but because it wouldn’t be the first time crap in ptr beta and alpha have made it to live.

2 Likes

You mean the Troll racial that was just nerfed?

Generally the Horde racials have a higher skill cap, they are triggered abilities on a long cooldown, while the Alliance abilities are safe passive abilities.

Risk vs reward. But even with that said they are statistically equal with a very small percent difference in their outputs.

2 Likes

And people that are skilled at the game and want to maximise their potential are more likely to favor optimal racials, which will naturally draw them towards the Horde.

1 Like

Ya right.
Unfortunaly we are not talking about those 1% racials.
But BE racial for instance which gives overwhelming advantages, be on Zul or M+ trash.

Being very honestly, as you can see on the thread, people on alliance usually have better manners but play the game far more casually.
Hordes have more people interested on mythic content for raids and dgs but far too many tryhards.

1 Like

Are you actually saying because the troll racial got nerfed that there is no valid point to be made that the fact that until now it did not play a role in converting players from the alliance side to horde?

So you agree with him?

3 Likes

BE just got nerfed yet again, not sure what else you want.

The playerbase complains until the game gets nerfed and becomes boring, then complains that the game is boring.

2 Likes