So, do we want templates back yet?

I saw less BS and whining and crying when gear didn’t determine the outcome. Getting one-shotted by an overgeared player isn’t fun is it? And I predicted that this would happen. But the elitist unemployed cellar dwellers cried louder. Enjoy your broken, un balanced PVP.

49 Likes

I love templates. Just make it so that you can get the templated gear from grinding pvp and NOT based on RNG drops.

13 Likes

everyone but blizz predicted this.

6 Likes

I’m having fun with the current system and I’m not even very geared and still outperform the majority I go up against.

15 Likes

No. I’d prefer the MMORPG keep the ‘RPG’ aspect.

21 Likes

I loved templates tbh. I wish they had been iterated on instead of removed but I do appreciate that people didn’t like them.

With versatility being more or less mandatory and included on every piece of PvP gear anyway, I don’t really feel like there’s a breadth of stat diversity that’s worth preserving with the current system. All they’ve really restored was a geared player’s ability to trounce an ungeared player. Par for the course for MMOs and some people love that but I could take it or leave it. Mostly leave it.

13 Likes

I’d much rather them bring back an actual PvP stat rather than whatever half-assed stopgap versatility is.

31 Likes

This.

I truly miss resilience.

29 Likes

That is because templates killed PvP. That expansion had the lowest PvP participation in the history of wow.

You didn’t see any whining because we were playing overwatch instead.

Shadowlands PvP is exploding.

Dear God. No templates.

22 Likes

That’s gonna be a no on the templates for me, fam.

7 Likes

Only scenario where templates would be acceptable is if you could customize your stats.

Vendors with PvP stat>templates with stat customization>vendors without pvp stat>templates>no vendors with no templates

I would like to see some sort of template or ilvl scaling (prefer scaling for stat customization) for random battlegrounds to preserve casual pvp where anyone with any play-style/time-constraints can hop in and have fun. Rated pvp would be where you can both earn better gear and have ilvl as a larger impact.

2 Likes

No … I love it when health bars disappear as I burst.

2 Likes

no unless i get to choose the stat allotment within the template.
legions lack of character development was boring.

1 Like

Bring back the templates I say. Also keep level 40+ out of the lower level brackets, put em in the queues with the twinks if they want to try and get ez cheese wins in the lower brackets.

2 Likes

all your requests are dumb. no party sync shouldn’t be limited to 40+, get better at the game and stop crying

2 Likes

I mean I’m just saying if you’re over level 40+ get put in the lobbies with the twinks below 40. I’m actually pretty good at the game, I tend to be at the top of the leaderboards in damage and kills, unless, you know… a monk for example hits my warrior in the 20-29 bracket for 1.8k damage where the average health is 3k using fists of fury without a single crit, but ya know, I just need to get good cause thats how I can beat insane damage from a level 60 thats jumping down brackets to fight squishier enemies.

I bet you’re part of the problem daisy and I bet you’re abusing it.

1 Like

no…

templates = good idea
templates without being balanced = not good idea.

so no.

blizz screwed the pooch because templates were good idea but the way they implemented them and didnt balance stuff properly ruined it.

I mean in all fairness templates would be better than what we have now.

3 Likes

twinks and party sync aren’t even close. Want an example? Party sync a 60 with me, I will have DOUBLE your health as a level 50 twink. I will have more than DOUBLE your ilvl. There isn’t even a big ilvl difference for party sync toons. It’s completely different. Party sync strength lies in them being in the upperside of the bracket.

I farm party sync 60s, they are virtually the same as leveler toons.