So Dark trolls are killed off?

We have one survivor in bfa but playable trolls now have a very dark skin pigment option and even sand trolls.

Was there some secret recruitment or survival that is not mentioned?

No, they were killed off alright - the tribe that didn’t become Night Elves and still lived on the slopes of Mt. Hyjal were wiped out by the Twilight’s Hammer back in Cataclysm.

The new skin tones for Darkspear Trolls is just to reflect some of the lesser tribes uniting with the Horde via the Zandalari after King Rastakhan’s death.

1 Like

What tribe are the new dark skins?

Probably representative of Frost Trolls, which can also come in a fairly dark shade of blue or purple.

I looked up frost trolls and they are heavily linked with drakari, the skin colors also largely dont match.

I am not trying to nay say, nut it doesnt look the part.

Also I would love some buff trolls.

I’m always hesitant to take the word of a single person in-universe when it comes to the “I am the last of my kind” trope, because much too often it turns out to be untrue. As it stands, there’s no reason to believe Ik’nal’s lying, so yeah - the Shadowtooth Tribe is more or less wiped out.

But who knows? Azeroth’s a big place, and maybe the darker pigments for trolls is meant to represent a tribe of Dark trolls we’ve never properly met before. But there’s no hard word on anything, other than Ik’nal’s.

Could be the shatterspear trolls, that tribe has shown some unusual colorations that we haven’t seen elsewhere. They fall under the jungle trolls.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=32858/shatterspear-champion

2 Likes

Have they explained why trolls got new skin colors? because in troll society that is a big identifier of where they come from.

I just want some lore to explain why the sandies joined us, among others.

1 Like

No, but as I pointed out, the shatterspear tribe use all of the new skin colors despite being jungle trolls and are part of the horde. So I’d say that is the most likely reason.

1 Like

The Doctor thought that was true until 1. The Master showed up and 2. He started fiddling with his own personal history during the Time War.

Recent events however, have made it true… for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was actually the exact example I was thinking of now. I stopped watching modern Who (can’t stand Chibnall’s direction, but Jodie is nice), but I REALLY hope they restore Gallifrey somehow. They dedicated the whole 50th to saving it. :frowning:

1 Like

I have a lot of sympathy for Jodie Wittaker. The only explanation I can think of for having to endure Dr. Who’s worse showrunner is a ton of karma from a past life.

That said, there are a couple of gems in that rough. The Rosa Parks episode was a classic execution of the original purpose of the show… to teach history.

1 Like

There’s no official lore reason. My go-to answer for these things is “surviving individuals joined up with the Horde for protection/opportunity/etc.”

I wish they added at least a throw away line about sand trolls. But anyhow, my take is that the dark blue is just a a new jungle troll skintone and not another troll type. Sand trolls seem to be the only other troll type added as customization.