So Blizzard just straight up DELETED our characters?

You make that statement as if blizzard wouldn’t you be playing retail. Retail players make significantly more money then classic players do when it comes to microtransactions.

I can’t think of a bigger waste of time than providing proof to someone who is just going to scoff at it then mock the poster in the most ignorant way possible.

Maybe you guys should go get your own sub reddit and mod it so you can continue to blow smoke up each others behinds without the nuisance of people noticing how stupid your plight is.

2 Likes

I never knew it’s stupid to ask a corporation for a service. I remember them even paying to know what customers want.

Hate to tell you buddy but we are not the ones looking stupid.

We do appreciate your bump though.

1 Like

Did

We didn’t.

See above. Also, this:

I have a “deleted” character but even I knew, this wasn’t “forever”.

Oh yeah I got no notification whatsoever, I wasn’t playing WoW at a time yet alone reading blizzard news.

1 Like

There’s your mistake.

We were told TWICE. Not Blizz’s fault because they DID tell us this was NEVER “forever”.

No it’s not blizzards fault. All of us that weren’t playing weren’t told anything.

1 Like

True, I was unaware of the second announcement, but I did know about the first one (which was before the split). So, I’m not too upset for not making a decision as quickly as I should’ve.

Second announcement? I wasn’t even aware of the first one. I just played the game and enjoyed. Had to stop to jump on some opportunities that you don’t see very often in any economy.

1 Like

I consider this:

as the “Second Announcement”.

IDK how anyone can miss the first announcement, as it pertained DRASTICALLY how the populations were going to dwindle between Vanilla Classic and BC Classic, at the time:

Something regarding “Legacy Servers” I try to pay close attention to because they’re not going to be handled like Retail.

Listen man, I’m not going to watch any of that unless it’s going to help me get my guy back.

I will say though I’m going to try to get tickets for the next blizzcon which they announced though. Blizzcon is awesome.

1 Like

“Listen man”, this is just my proof and timeline of how the events occurred. The video, BTW, is time-stamped (already) at the section regarding “NOT FOREVER” Cloning Services. You don’t have to watch the whole thing.

The first announcement IS Blizzcon, though? It was online, OFC because of Covid.

It popped up as a window when I launched battlenet, gonna be pretty sweet if I can get me some tickets.

Went to 3 of them already, it’s an awesome nerd fest. Got to see Lindsey Sterling live too, great performance but she’s def a little conceded. Everyone packed up to see her show, she wasn’t on the mainstage so you had people spilling out to the main walkways and behind the ROG computers. In between her songs she’s like “are you guys playing computer games back there while I’m playing” or something of along those lines.

Sheesh you were more popular than the show on the main stage and she thought that people were back there to play games.

That’s like telling the cop that pulled you over that you didn’t see the 50MPH speed limit sign despite passing three of them so you shouldn’t get a speeding ticket for doing 110.

Using your excuse Blizz should let me clone my old retail main with a late wrath snapshot and port it into Cata classic because I quit the game and didnt know more expansions were being released because I paid no attention.

1 Like

What? thats not an apt comparison at all considering blizzard only announced it on their forum inside their own ecosystem, and made absolutely zero attempts to contact the public via email or any public means outside of their ecosystem whatsoever, so there were no publically visible signs.

A realistic comparison is a cop writing the speed limit down on a notepad inside their own car you driving past them and them asking “didnt you see the speed limit I wrote down inside my car” rofl, and then a bunch of random drivers on the road saying “how could you not have seen the speed limit written down on the notepad inside their car?”.

Sorry but I keep my eyes on the road e.g real life, and pay attention to the public signs, shame there literally wasnt even one.

2 Likes

What do you want? A personal phone call? Automated text message?

They are under no burden to provide this for people who are not actively playing and paying for their games. You’re the consumer, not the other way around. You checked out of your own accord. Are they then obligated to come knock on your door if they dont hear from you for 8 or 9 days just in case you’re in a hospital somewhere deep in a coma and haven’t been able to glance at your phone in over a week?

Blizzard spams my inbox and I just pay them a sub for WoW Classic. I havent paid a cent for any other games, extra services and/or bonuses or perks. If they have your email, theyre automated email system is hittin you up at least a few times a month about Dragonflight alone whether youre subbed or not.

You’re getting the link to the newsletter in those emails which urge you to subscribe to it directly but all you gotta do is click that link theyre providing to the news letter to read it. You see, the big hint is in the word NEWS. You gotta be smart like that to pick it up on it I guess. It tells you things like the current news about whats going on in the games you have a history of being interested in. If you clicked the link you got good info like clones being $5 and disappearing soon.

People have no excuses. None.

Just time to get real I guess. It aint hard guys.

That’s exactly like getting pulled over doing 110 in a 50.

I don’t have any excuses, only a request.