So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

Overwhelming? You think the forum represents a fair percentage of the actual community? Or do you think that a few content creators who know they get the most views from outrage topics counts as a huge percentage?

This is what you said about the dinosaur, it’s still not a huge issue.

And at the same time it seems a lot of people who are in favour of covenants as they are have forgotten that once you lock a soulbind to a certain spec it is locked to that specific spec for an entire week making it almost useless for another spec.

Several threads have actually popped up since they made it more public. That said, the dinosaur doesn’t heavily affect gameplay for the next two years. Covenants do.

This still doesn’t mean much in the big picture. I can spam post threads about multiboxing and why it’s good all day long but that doesn’t mean the masses agree.

I like how you ignore most of my post for that cherry picked line.

Edit: But back on topic. All I need to know about covenants is right here, and it isn’t looking good at all. Especially since blizzard has basically said they won’t even be trying to fix them.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenants-and-your-spec-a-survey/616438?u=voxplaga-ravencrest

1 Like

Classic Yesuna. She seems to be fighting pretty hard over an aspect of the game on forums which she claims to not be “emotionally invested” in.

Nah, you won’t ever see me “fighting hard” for anything here either. That’s like thinking I get “offended” here on the forum like you said earlier. I understand that Blizzard runs this show and no matter what I do or say will have no bearing on anything in the game. I am here to discuss opinions, not fight for anything.

No

Having to make a choice that has downsides is not a penalty

Than don’t choose the M+ setup, and choose the raid setup instead. This is an RPG, you don’t get to be optimal at everything simultaneously, you never were. And no it is not a 20% dps difference.

And I bet these raiders being left behind are not trying to be optimal, probably not even trying to be acceptable.

It is more like “you can change classes every 2 weeks”

The only content creators I listen to are ones that point out facts, like the recent Preach video that went over the math and logistics of how soulbinds are unlocked because that is a fact, not an opinion. I could not care less what their opinions are, only to get the information about what is coming, like how the covenants interact with dungeons.

Or how to unlock legendaries, and if they say it’s a bad decision to make legendary recipes drop how they are now than that is their own opinion, not mine, I just want to know where to find them.

And what, not do enough DPS and not be able to heal well enough in M+ and not be able to complete keys at a higher level because my soulbind is not setup correctly? That effectively puts me out of completing keys at my level just because I should setup for raid instead.

That’s the issue, we setup for one content and cannot effectively compete in other content because we are not setup the right way and that means we have to choose what we are going to do for the next week.

Like if I was to setup soulbind A as a tank setup, but it also happens to be my BiS for DPS and without it I would end up doing 15% less DPS, that means I have to choose now, tank OR DPS, not both. That effectively pigeon holes me into a specific role for the next week.

Arguing and alluding to the fact that your way of thinking is the only correct way of thinking and everyone else is a spoiled brat for thinking otherwise is not “discussing opinions”. And please maintain some shred of dignity by not refuting that, I’ve read many of your posts on this particular issue.

So yes, you are fighting quite pointlessly over something that doesn’t affect you in the slightest.

Thanks for letting me know what I think.

Why would I have to fight for this anyway? If I was fighting for this system then I already won. I’m not fighting for squat.

And this right here is the attitude that luckily is not shared by everyone in the community. Because if it was, there would be no feedback and we would play WoW EXACTLY as Blizzard intended. Endless grinds, RNG around every corner, bad class design, broken systems, etc.

3 Likes

Welcome to the anti-ripcorders in general.

Though I wonder how they’ll spin it when Blizzard inevitably backflips.

1 Like

You already do. This isn’t a sandbox game. We have very linear activities to participate in.

Thanks for trying to dodge it, as usual. Keep acting like the exact definition of this while also claiming that you’re out to discuss opinions:
https://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/015968.html

Additionally, since you’ve now decided that you’re not out to fight for this system, try not to bash people for voicing their complaints about it. Because there’s only so much hypocrisy that can be taken from one person.

1 Like

Well that is their choice, but I hope they’re not surprised when people actually pull the ripcord on their accounts and unsub.

we gave blizz months of feedback telling them that we did not want this system. they ignored it and decided not to pull the ripcord like we told them too. at this point it’s clear what must happen we must vote with our wallets.

ffxiv just gained a ton of new subs

1 Like

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: You guys want us to play the game your way, you’re not even willing to make compromises!

Person with opinions: We should switch covenants if we want to, it doesn’t affect you at all.

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: No.

Person with opinions: Ok, but can we at least agree player power shouldn’t be tied to it?

Person with opinions: Fine, but can at least the soulbinds within the covenants be easily swappable?

Person with opinions: Why not?

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: Because…

Blizzard whispers: Say meaningful choices.

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: MEANINGFUL CHOICES!

I warned you, dude will dodge everything he cannot make an argument against.

1 Like