So arms war?

I don’t want to fotm reroll, but I don’t exactly want to play the worst spec in arena either. Also, I abhor fury so i’m not really interested in respeccing. For those in the know…how is arms at 70? How do you think it will be this season? with the buffs today? I’m specifically speaking 2’s and 3s.

1 Like

I haven’t read the arms buffs yet but unless they buffed his mortal strike by like 50% fury still will be the way to go on arenas. Its enormous self healing and constant damage pressure looking pretty good right now.

Close:

Warrior

• Arms
    • Mortal Strike’s damage is no longer reduced by 30% in PvP combat.
    • Sharpened Blades now increases critical strike damage by 5% (was 10%) in PvP combat.
    • Martial Prowess now increases Mortal Strike’s damage by 15% per stack (was 30%) in PvP combat.
    • Execute damage increased by 20% in PvP combat (Arms only).
    • Rend damage reduced by 15% in PvP combat (Arms only).
    • Developers’ notes: We’re looking to increase Mortal Strike’s consistent damage while keeping its burst potential in line through targeted adjustments to its modifiers. We’re also reducing Rend’s damage in PvP as Skullsplitter has been a culprit for one-shots.

we’ll do a lot more damage, and we still die pretty reliably. i am looking forward to testing the spec out later today.

2 Likes

Very interesting. I’ll give it a try today.

Arms already does rlly potent damage in cds even before the buffs

1 Like

I have a 70 Arms warrior in full honor gear. Personally this is the most fun I have had on Arms since MoP. Long story short, we will be absolutely fine imo. We have the damage and tools to play at any level. As long as we dont receive any damage or healing nerfs, while outliers are nerfed back into normal ranges, I think Arms will be in a good place this season with a good range of comp options. I would put Arms as a solid B tier pick currently. I think early pre release tier lists got a lot wrong.

1. We have a solid damage profile. We have consistent pressure that created by hard hitting abilities that dont require a bunch of stacked CDs. Most classes do crap damage outside of CDs and stacked modifiers. This is a blessing that I dont think people appreciate. Your button presses feel meaningful and impactful. Mortal strike hurts and execute is still the most enjoyable execute in the game atm.

2. We are squishy compared to other classes. Yet this is a balance trade off im willing to accept. We have great damage and mobility to offset this. The leech (talent), impending victory heal, parry heal (talent), and 3min heal (talent) have made arms actually enjoyable while playing solo. For the first time I can play my arms without a pocket healer and have fun. Its a huge relief. How this applies to Arena is when the healer is CCd we have options now that expands our toolkit in dealing with that situation.
    - Warning- Fury is currently overtuned. They will nerf fury healing in the
    future. The big question is will the balance team have to competence to
    nerf fury specific healing or will they screw over all warrior by nerfing the
    shared healing abilities. That is my only worry currently.

3. There is a round of nerfs and buffs hitting us on tuesday. While I havent tested them, on paper they are nerfing the 1 shot builds and buffing our sustained damage alot. Im all for this.

As far as how does Arms stack up to the OP classes:

DH is a problem that hasnt been addressed in a meaningful way (Demon proc nerf is good but their damage is still nuts)
DK was the 2nd best Melee and they took a truthfully unfair level of nerfs. You will crush them in Arena with those nerfs going through.
All Warlocks (demo and aff more than destro) are broken atm, luckily you as a warrior fair better against them.
SP, they are likely tied with Demo lock for the most broken spec in the game that is flying under the radar. Luckily again, as a Warrior you do better against them than others.

This season Arms Warrior and Frost Mage will be my mains and I am pretty happy atm with both of them (buff frost bolt lol).

6 Likes

This was very helpful, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. I guess what it unfortunately comes down to with arms though is whether fury will be the better option. And how far will they be from each other in terms of performance. In s4 it just felt like arms was pretty blah to the point where you were just being masochistic for not playing fury. I’m just hoping that isn’t the case again because I FARRR prefer arms.

Fury is still better unfortunately, even after they nerf fury self sustain it will still be better.

Can still play arms tho, it is in a much better spot. It’s more of a sustained dps spec now, has next to no burst relative to nearly most other dps specs and unfortunately doesn’t have the sustained mitigation for prolonged fights.

They need to add ignore pain or do something with Dstance.

4 Likes

The loss of ignore pain was probably pretty big…ugh

2 Likes

Arms is 100% fine, you can beat fury as arms.
The only problem we all have is that we can’t test properly our classes/specs because blizzard lock every single content 2 weeks.

Well reroll to Prot/Glad stance the real Warrior spec.

If you want 3 Stuns, great mobility and crit for over 100k. This spec might be for you.

1 Like

In what, damage?

Maybe. Big maybe. But arms dies to air and fury is a livelord.

2 Likes

Everything

Lmao not even close.

1v1, 2v2 and 3v3. I dismantle them every single day,
maybe you haven’t seen or don’t know good arms players

I’m pretty sure I do but alright.

I’m off work in like 7 hours. I’m not even a dueler but I’ll take that bet.

Bookmarked.

5 Likes

Snutz last stream on twitch has a match against me 00:29:00, its a fresh arms match

If you want to directly link me I’ll look but either way I will happily 1v1.

Arms is miles behind fury is durability. I love arms but it dies to air.