So are we going to talk about MM damage?

He probably died twice because he was being aggressive going for killing blows. Playing it safe will net you less KBs but still over 20 KBs on the right maps.

That post was 16 days ago, are you serious? LOL.

The hunter got L70 maybe a day or two after that post. It was my third L70. I have eight L70s now and another about to be L70 within a couple of hours. A lot can change in 16 days, you know?

^ Fact check: TRUE

I don’t have any 70s yet but I’ve taken about that many into DF and gotten dragon riding. My BM hunter was crazy powerful compared to the other classes I’ve leveled but, to be fair, my list includes a healer, tank, and a feral druid. I hope he stays viable, base sitting and (when I played him in BGs last) quite the healer killer.

You could link him. I’d love to see your talents if you are topping KBs while not dying at max level. With those numbers, you should be writing the Wowhead hunter PvP guide.

Hm, I use sniper shot to set up kills… invariably when (most people’s) health gets low they tend to flee or try and get out of range. I take the talent for 2 charges of killshot and with extra range and the charges it dirt naps just about anyone. I never thought about using it as an ‘execution’, i’m not saying it couldn’t be, just feels unwieldly with that cast time. In team fights you expect people to be healed or already dead by the time that goes off.

1 Like

Hunters are noob slayers and thats it. Well, and uncooridinated teams too. Hunters in any rated setting are at best mid tier, but more likely on the lower end of the spectrum.

2 Likes

Nothing like a ranged execute to plink off those hairs from a distance. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

I almost never die in BGs and commonly top dmg/kbs in random BGs. In rated, i’m the punching bag vs nearly every comp.

1 Like

I regularly go top kbs with no deaths but I don’t take sniper shot. Don’t know what this dudes on about all the time about sniper shot.

Sniper shot is good in wpvp where I can hide on top of a tree lol.

In anything instanced I’m taking ros, feign, and most likely chimaeral, sometimes ts aura just for the earlier cd on it lol.

In randoms it’s also just easier to get away from people and pick off bad playing stragglers.

plus engineering so I can nitro away or glider etc.

2 Likes

I use Snipershot almost exclusively in Ashran. Whenever I use it in random BGs it’s because I forgot to drop it after an epic. All the guides say to use it as an opener, but 20% is next to nothing when my Aimed shots are doing just as much if not more. I prefer to take dragonscale armor over Sniper Shot, since Spriest and Warlocks are so common these days in BGs. Survival Tactics and Chimeral sting are mandatory, so I don’t have a lot of room for negotiation on that third slot.

Aimed shot crit is more damage than sniper shot while aimed shot non-crit is less. I use dragonscale and survival tactics. I use CS on my BM, but Sniper shot on MM.

And what I’m talking about isn’t skill just positioning relative to your team and the enemy team. Skill comes in when you are trying to survive getting trained by melee.

I almost never die in BG on any class I play because BGs are BGs. I literally face tank 4 people on this priest and get kills in the process.

People complain about hunters on a burst that has plenty of time to react to (2 seconds is a long time on such a telegraphed burst) but they’re not gonna complain about the stuff that literally can’t be countered in any ways like being deathmarked on a class that can’t remove bleeds or getting speared by a warrior on a class that can’t get out of it.

100K health removed from stealth is not really next to nothing. It is effectively doing more than 20% of someone’s health rather via bug or intentional scaling.

It’s only 100k against warlocks and maybe death knights because of their high health pool. A wailing arrow into a double tap rapid fire is gonna do more to almost anyone because of the extra wind arrows, especially if the wailing arrow crits. Anyone opening aimed shot for a burst is doing it wrong too because double tap is on the GCD and you don’t want to ever double tap the aimed shot, you always want to double tap the rapid fire.

Thing is, as mentioned up above, with UI addons you can pick and choose the targets that don’t have the cooldowns to survive it, so they would be dependent on randoms to save them somehow.

Side note, I do prefer mercing on MM to alliance so I don’t have to deal with shadowmeld, heh.

Then those people should save CDs instead of rolling their face across their 5 defensives.

Nah, it’s hitting for 100K on people in the mid 300Ks.

We are talking random BG team fights here. Defensives are going to be used.

Pick one: die to midfight cleave or die to hunter at range.