So are we better off botting instead of multiboxing?

Seems like you’ll actually be taking action against Multiboxers.

Now is the time to invest in Botting software.

The same botters have been teleport hacking on Grobbulus for months now with 0 downtime but glad to know where your priorities are.

Imagine Blizzard creating a broken system and instead of fixing the system they punish the players who’ve been playing the same way for 15 years.

21 Likes

Careful friend… Blizz will come for you next.

I kinda wish they would.

I love the game but I hate Blizzard. They are the Sylvannas of gaming companies.

11 Likes

I’ve been reporting botters left and right. I get in-game mail weekly from blizzard thanking me for my report and saying they took action against the account.

Reporting works.

12 Likes

Same, i feel like they do weekly ban waves.

4 Likes

I mean, you can kill the botter if they’re of the other faction.
You can’t kill a 10 man multiboxer spamming abilities at you.

Yes, botters spend most of their time in dungeons but when they’re locked that 10% window of them being unable to enter the instance (talking about ZG here). Kill and report them, been doing it for months, it works.

EDIT:
Guess you can’t kill the ones of your faction so there’s that but can always report.

2 Likes

Imagine Bobby Kottick raking in a 60 million dollar a year salary but poor, poor Blizzard can’t afford in game GM’s.

12 Likes

I have reported the same 3 bots every week since August. Multiple people in general chat in Burning Steppes on Grobbulus have done the same. It has become a meme at this point.

Reporting does not work. Those in-game mails you receive are just smoke and mirrors.

5 Likes

multi boxing is dumb. glad for the change…

14 Likes

So because you have more disposable income then me you deserve to have a competitive advantage? Because that is what multi boxing boils down too. A pay too win tactic that should have been banned 15 flipping years ago!

21 Likes

Don’t really care if people multibox or not don’t care if people bot or not. People who cry about these things confuse me like who cares play your game and enjoy smh.

There are so many farms out there to generate enough gold to pay for multiple accounts each month.

Stop being poor.

Go to work, stop being a leech to society.

I’m sorta glad you made that link of botting to multiboxing. It’s like cheating is like cheating?

5 Likes

So here’s what you need to keep in mind - their announcement is a policy update. Before now, keystroke broadcasting software occupied a grey policy area, that they have now clarified to be actionable.

This update has put it on par with botting, i.e. not allowed. They still have to actually detect it being used to enforce that policy. If they are doing so poorly at fighting botting, it’s difficult to imagine that they would do any better at combating this. So I think declaring one or the other to be “better off” is premature when we don’t actually know what will change for the average player.

It’s not a gray policy area, they clearly just said they’re doing this for botting. That doesn’t make it “on par with botting”, it means bot software is using some form of key dispatching in conjunction with their automation software. Which again means they have no idea how to combat the botting problem, so they’ll blanket fix key dispatching harming boxing in the process.

Warden is a joke and the reporting system is a quagmire of back logs, “investigations,” and redundancy.

None of what Activision currently does can come close to having GM’s with eyes in the game.

They know what to do, they just won’t allocate funds for it.

1 Like

Isnt the whole point that multiboxers and bots are affecting “our game”…? That’s why people care.

2 Likes

Blizzard as people remember has not been Blizzard since activision bought out majority shares. Everything activision touches goes to crap. They make the big calls and the consumer is literal trash to them. All they care about is how to milk $$$ out of your pocket with zero effort.

3 Likes

Go plant a tree nerd