So are we at all concerend over spell Batching?

If this means I get to watch a shaman one shot a mage as the mage tries to blink away and the mage ends up at his new location and dies…I want it.

5 Likes

I believe it also causes scenarios where both you and your opponent are at low health, your spell landed on your opponent which will finish him off but he doesn’t die yet, you stare at him for a split second and he blast you with an instant spell. Then the spells take effect and both of you die at the same time, when under real time, he would have died first before killing you too.

Spell batching (re)introduces bugs and causes mechanics to not work as intended. Example is using Divine Shield and still dying but the ability goes on CD. This happened to me a lot, especially in PvP. It should be one or the other: the ability was used and I am still alive or the ability was not used and is not on CD. I think the infamous Vanish bug was at least partly related to spell batching. Deliberately degrading the experience is not something I want. The Classic demo was smooth and responsive and altogether a most welcome upgrade over the janky Vanilla servers.

1 Like

I’m all for keeping the experience authentic, but this is WoW Classic, not actual Vanilla from 14 years ago. Some things like bugs and crashing servers should be fixed to make the technical experience as smooth as possible. Since spell batching was a technical limitation, and not an intended design, I could take it or leave it.

1 Like

Glad to read a Blue post that the issue is still on their table.

One thing I’d like Blizzard to consider is that this system of updating also effected Auto-Attacks. A lot of times the best pvpers and pve-ers would separate themselves from other good players just because of how they could land auto-attacks more often.

The whole system may have seemed minor to most players. But those who competed with the best in mirrored best in slot gear could just look at the tables and see where the extra difference in damage was coming from.

I hope we get an alpha or beta test of some attempt at spell batching. Then nation wide Blizzard could see actual data and see if the system does play like Vanilla’s, or if it’s so different that the new system might as well just be used.

1 Like

Oh the whole batching thing impacted quite a lot other than just occasionally creating some weird things in pvp… Ever wonder why sometimes you could stay mounted indoors so long and other times not, ever wonder why sometimes you’d die way outside the area of a spell effect?

It was a bad system and it’s good it’s gone, no reason to bring it back just so a few people can be happy they occasionally stun each other in pvp.

(Its mostly rogues who benefit from it, without spell batching they will have to git gud. This is coming from someone who was a rogue in vanilla and will rogue in classic)

1 Like

No spell batching = No shatter combo frost mages… I think that is pretty game breaking if you ask me.

2 Likes

The issue with this is that, regardless what you did, spell batching indirectly affected game play. Even though most people probably never realized they ever used it, they probably did; the easiest example is that spell batching allowed you to shave off .5s or so from a spell while moving and most ‘casuals’ would end up using it during a dungeon without realizing it to avoid mechanics.
Another example would be pvp. A lot of players un-wittingly used spell batching witch can be seen when you kill someone using a defensive that should have saved their life but dmg > aura’s (explained earlier) so without realizing it, yes, it was used without realizing it and made skill more important than anything.
Them changing spell batching was mostly to smooth out situations where defensive’s like guardian spirit would actually save the players life all the time, unlike during spell batching days where you could still die through it.

I honestly can’t remember the number of times I died using defensive’s but still got hit for full dmg, that’s not even getting hit by a crit or them having any dmg modifiers, just their normal dmg to me.

1 Like