So about the Warglaives of Azzinoth

It seems that the Warglaives of Azzinoth are only classified as Warglaives in the Xmog system. Could someone in the Dev team please also apply the sword tag to it so that non-DH eligible can Xmog.

1 Like

It’s a DH only Transmog. They have no intention of leatting the other classes use it.

1 Like

Yeah, evidently me even wearing my warglaives (I logged out in them) would be “diminishing the value” of those who earned that achievement to allow them to xmog them on their DH (which you don’t even have to complete on a DH to earn).

2 Likes

Do you have a source for that Cynahliia?
It was a Rogue / Warrior weapon long before DH existed. So Iconic that people had it tattooed to them.

No it’s not a DH only, They said that since War/Rogues can use it… it should be aviliable for them but somehow it’s not not sure why.

Either you need to unlock it by that char, or bug or like you said intended I guess? Which I doubt.

It’s right in the patch notes. I think it’s completely ridiculous, since I literally have them on both my Warrior and my Rogue (check my profile, I’m doing exactly what they’re trying to prevent by WEARING THEM, take that Demon Hunters).

Many legendary weapons are now transmogrifiable.

• Developers’ note: The Warglaives of Azzinoth dropped from Illidan in Black Temple are the one exception, as a custom method for Demon Hunters in particular to obtain this transmog appearance already exists through Black Temple Timewalking, and we do not want to diminish the value of that unique reward.
2 Likes

It’s a DH only MOG and not a bug. And like Bigbadboom said, it’s literally in the patch notes.

1 Like

However, it’s also WRONG! Literally taking away weapons from people who earned them years before DH’s were even in the game, to keep from “diminishing the value” of the DH’s who earned an achievement (which you don’t even have to do on a DH at all BTW, it can be earned on any toon assuming you have both weapons and do BT timewalking). It’s so completely random. Had Blizzard really wanted to be logical about this, they would have simply changed the weapons from being SWORDS (usable by more than just DH’s) to be WARGLAIVES, and then it would have at least made sense, and my warrior and rogue who are currently WEARING the warglaives could no longer do so. Yeah that would have pissed off people, but it’s basically the same thing they did with this ridiculous restriction.

2 Likes

In your opinion. Not in the developers’.

I think we all understand whose opinion matters.

The customer who pays for the game and thus ultimately for the developers? I’m failing to see where you’re going with this.

2 Likes

The beancounters are indulging the devs, because everyone making the decisions are confident this won’t cost them a meaningful amount of subscription or engagement time.

It’s a tempest in a teapot. If everyone who’s even the faintest bit exercised about this ragequits right now, it wouldn’t even register.

In a vacuum that works to a point, eventually though enough people quit for all these small reasons and then they’re suddenly wondering how many new mounts they have to put in the SHOP to make up for these losses. Sure, it may not be this one reason that leads to it, but rather the direction they are going.

1 Like

Your world theory obviously works for you.

How do you intend to convice Blizzard to agree? Because obviously, they don’t.

This is insane… Did the current development team not play in BC? In BC the glaives were a tremendous symbol for rogues (as most warriors only wanted the MH).

Are they going to seriously take an iconic class weapon appearance away from the original class… Just go ahead and give the legendary daggers to druids next.

You have to have your head screwed on backwards to make a decision like this.

4 Likes

I have a theory about this too. (I have a theory about everything.)

The devs who implemented the glaives in BC are not the devs who implemented the hack in 7.2.5, so the latter bunch didn’t care at all “how it used to be”. But, they care now, because they went to a lot of work to implement the system in place now, and they’re not about to let it get overthrown by a tiny bunch of player who think they want glaives on non-DHs, but they really don’t.

Don’t understimate the power of developers who feel possessive of their work.

When my first glaive dropped on this guy I was over the moon. We even made the drama alert post of the day (Engadget - Guildwatch: Goodbye endgame, hello new game) I got 4p T6 and the MH glaive in the same night and I was just eating it up. I spent all of Wrath forming pugs to go back in and try to finish the set. Finally did right before Cata.

The glaives have been in every kill shot picture since, bit of a fan…

1 Like

Isn’t that literally the exact same thing that was said about WoW Classic, and oh look, we have Classic now. Seriously, unless you work for Blizzard, you’re just tossing out hearsay without having any clue what you’re talking about. I don’t know why / who / what caused Blizzard to make this decision, but I am extremely upset.

As someone who has these weapons in their bank for YEARS awaiting the day I could xmog them, just to have them unavailable because we might offend a poor “Demon Hunter.” Well I got news for you, I am keeping mine equipped on my Warrior and Rogue parked in Org offending as many Demon Hunters as I can. Unfortunately I’ve yet to meet a single Demon Hunter who gives a crap (most have actually agreed that we should be able to transmog them, and think Blizzard’s decision is RIDICULOUS).

1 Like

As soon as development priorities become a democracy, I’m sure it’ll happen.

The main problem here is that I’m not seeing the groundswell of support for this. For every voice for, there seems to be one opposed. And then there’s the silent majority that doesn’t know or care. Those are the ones that the devs are thinking about.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, except that I’m on the side of realism.

1. It’s not ‘literally’ taking away a weapon. It’s not figuratively taking away a weapon either. You are losing absolutely nothing this patch.

Yes, it would have pissed people off, whcih is exactly why they didn’t change the weapon-type of the glaves themselves. You have people who had been wearing those around since BC and changing the weapon-type would have been ‘literally taking away weapons from people.’

Those people can still wear them, use them in timewalking dungeons/raids and so on. They are losing absolutely nothing. All that’s changed is…well, nothing. DH’s can mog em, everyone else can equip them. Nothing has changed, nothing has been lost. It’s just like when they removed ranged weapon slots from Warriors and Rogues, but still let them equip guns/bows for coolness.

Logic need not apply I see.

1 Like