So about that Release date, is it too late?

We just had a week where GCD changes were made. Thank god.
That being said, it really sucks we got almost no updates. The biggest update we got this week was sin has rank 2 of Snd that is even more attack speed… which is not at all what we wanted. Edit, did see outlaw gets riposte added on evasion now. Or something similar to it.

I am hoping next beta patch is a big one, or I don’t really see many more changes coming.

Sad to say, Gouge is going to be outlaw only despite people asking for it.

The prepatch is going to be in like 3-4 weeks. With the xpac on the 27th of October.

Where is all our feedback? We have voiced our concerns, and we have gotten almost no response back at all on changes we wanted to see.
There are still so many bugs/terrible talents, broken or useless covenant abilities/conduits and no real response from Blizz on any of it.

I am still looking forward to this xpac just because my friends are giving it a try again, but damn… I really am annoyed we have gotten such little response from the devs.

5 Likes

My biggest fear is that covenant abilities go live as is…75% plus rogues go necrolord then it’s changed weeks or months later and we’re all super far behind.

9 Likes

This 100%.

1 Like

It’s kinda like you said in another post…

Do you gamble on going for what you want and hope changes come? Or do you go with what’s good, while it’s good, and (really kinda hope you) get nerfed later and change to what you actually wanted all along?

Very big and nasty pros and cons to both.

I suppose the min maxers with extra time on their hands could theoretically level 2 covenants simultaneously, spending 3 ish days to cap one, switch, and repeat every week…but who really wants to do that?

I certainly will not be. I really only have time to play 1 toon this xpac >_<

2 Likes

Literally one (of many) of the reasons I’m passing rogue to 3rd or 4th alt. I don’t trust blizz not to screw us considering the lackluster effort that went to rogues in nearly every aspect of this beta.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m currently seriously considering playing either my resto druid or resto shaman initially and picking up rogue (always been my main) only after they get attention.

At least resto druid and resto shaman have pretty straightforward covenant choices when it comes to what’s good (even if I don’t particularly like the theme of the corresponding covenant).

1 Like

We actually got a ton of updates. A ton of bugs were fixed that help solidify what Blizzard’s intended design goal of Rogue will be heading into SL.

Specifically Sub got bug fixes and changes (specifically to Premed) that push it even further into the “will be meta” category.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Shadow Vault was actually completely fixed and may now be too strong and need nerfs.

The premed talent is super bugged atm. You can get 18+min stacking with snd from that talent alone now.
Bugs with poisons and more still exist and there were no blue posts or anything stating the true intentions of things.

1 Like

That is irrelevant. If it worked correctly it would still be an impactful talent and we have defined playstyles warped by the level 15 row:

Weaponmaster if using Akaari;
Gloomblade if using Perforated Veins and Deeper Dagger;
Premed if using neither build

This is a clearly positive change for Sub. Bugs can be fixed later.

Outlaw and Subtlety can now spread Poisons in AoE which is a bug fix that tells us that both specs are intended to spread them in AoE. They also capped Non-Lethals at 1 again so now we know their design is to have us choose between Snare or Soothe. These sorts of things give a clear intention to what we should expect each spec to play as in SL. Small steps are still steps in the right direction.

None of this is posted anywhere. The communication is the point.

1 Like

Most bug fixes are never posted by Blizzard, so not surprising. These are things that just need to be found out by the community. There’s a reason there’s always an ‘Undocumented Changes’ section for each patch on WoWWiki.

I’m curious as to what you would play instead of rogue. I myself am dumping feral, in favor of rogue, which is actually a big deal because I like to tank in PvE to gear faster. I also have the coveted werebear and mop challenge gear on Druid.

Not getting gouge and having to use snd seems absolute leagues better of a problem than what ww, feral, ret, DK, Hunter usually have to go through.

Of course it is. Rogue is one of the best base kits in WoW and have been for all of its existence. That doesn’t stop people from always wanting more. If they completely unpruned our entire kit and we had the same abilities as MoP, people would still ask for more.

Exactly why I have not purchased SL, and I will wait for it to be good first before purchasing it.

If it continues to be garbage then I missed nothing.

If it turns out good then I am a little late to the party, and no big deal.

Eh, no you just like pruned classes or something.

2 Likes

This is what’s going to happen as it stands right now.

Both bonespike and the dungeons you need shroud are necrolord.

1 Like

True.
Do we have an updated link on all of it? Spreading crippling in aoe makes the one sub talent for shuriken storm very weak.
Glad to hear things are getting fixed though.

1 Like

I believe Kojiyama or Mystler have a bug tracker in GitHub that has all outstanding bugs. Only Lethal is being spread in AoE (For Outlaw/Subtlety) as far as I know. They probably did that on purpose so Night Terrors isn’t completely dead.

It is extremely rare that bugs that cause a class to be weaker than they should be go unfixed. Sometimes bugs that end up making a spec too strong with a specific build (see: Tyrant bug that made it through to BoD) squeak though, but not ones that are very apparent in Beta.

Considering warrior for melee. Although overall this isn’t looking so melee friendly so I might just go range this expansion. Haven’t decided just waiting for things to play out and see what’s fun.

However I question the notion that somehow because a class kit is good that its okay for it to not evolve… doesn’t sound fun to feel like I’m playing the same thing from a decade ago with extra covenant stuff everyone gets. I don’t chase #1 I chase whats fun and will keep me playing.

Furthermore currently rogues are prime example of how balancing covenant after the fact has the potential to severely hamstring all of those players who simply went with the only real option just to get punished later for it.

Grass isn’t always greener, of course. But the lack of attempt and overall feeling of good enough from blizz through this whole process isnt good enough to me. To each their own, but I wont pretend that settling for less than almost everyone else is somehow entitlement or something :thinking:

I’ll eventually level the rogue but definitely not first. Not going to be the main this expansion, but if I was you I could see why it looks good in comparison to feral.

2 Likes

Even with the buff, the new sub finisher is hitting like a wet noodle. Is this still not scaling with mastery by chance?