So about our ghoul

If it could not be stunned for 3 seconds at the start of every battle because it has to go through it’s summon animation, that’d be great. When we get gargoyle as baseline, will it also sit there and be absolutely useless for 3 seconds at the start of every fight as well? Give us an option to disable the summon animation because I’d rather be able to use my pet right away then watch it slowly crawl out of the ground where I demounted 10 feet away and by the time it gets over to me, the mob is almost dead anyway. Seriously frustrating.

5 Likes

I think a lot of this could be solved by not having it disappear whenever we go anywhere.

6 Likes

I like the animation but I agree it shouldn’t disappear when I ride or fly. It’s my slave and I didn’t give it permission to rest again. The only exception would be when I use a portal since I’ll just animate a convenient corpse on the other side.

1 Like

It should be when in combat it should be instant and when not in combat it can do the lil sleepy wake up animation

7 Likes

Honestly the gargoyle does nearly the same exact thing. I’m glad you brought this up. The gargoyle is instant but in the last 4-5 secs it starts to fly up and stops attacking. The Apocalypse ghouls do the same thing they don’t actually attack for the first 2-3 secs.

1 Like

i think they should keep their summon animation, but have some kind of positive aspect during that animation.
Because the Ghoul crawling out of the ground is very iconic of summoning the dead, i feel like it kind of NEEDS to stay.

Just a random thought- Fresh from the Grave: First Leap deals X amount of damage(An amount finely tuned to compensate for the Ghouls downtime whilst emerging from the ground)

7 Likes

This seems like a fair compromise to me

speaking of ghouls, I have just come back, and find my ghoul will just run off attacking other mobs…am I missing something or is this now a bug

Then you didn’t really need it anyway…
Plus under non questing circumstances your ghoul is out already, i.e. dungeon/raid/arena/bg.
I know this is pointing out the obvious but somehow it felt like it needed to be pointed out :thinking:

The ghoul not doing anything for the first 3 seconds of combat is one of the reasons I currently prefer frost. The ghoul is just so…blah.

Your ghoul should be at the enemy before or at the same time as you. Out in the open world you don’t really have to worry about your ghoul since you can kill a mob before you are even able to pop a wound unless it’s an elite or rare mob.

This is really a non issue if you dismount a little early, or you use the pet commands in other areas when the ghoul is already out. This “issue” has worked like this since Wrath, but now it’s some sort of problem when things are dying before it gets to the mob showing that you didn’t need it like what was said earlier.

I really don’t understand this complaint.

1 Like

What if whenever ghouls were being summoned, the enemy would be paralyzed in fear watching them crawl out :smiley:

That’d be dope thematically but way too op since it would mean free on demand stun