So About Guilds

So I’ve been playing and grinding quite a bit and have come to the point in my playtime where I feel like being in a guild would be very beneficial to me.
It’s just, i have this disdain towards guilds, especially ones who randomly PM me and invite me.

I guess what I’m trying to get at is this. What Should I look for when joining a guild? should i just make my own guild? How can i tell if a guild is bad/toxic?

I would really like to be a proud member of a guild and be as supportive as possible, but some of the guilds I’ve seen just seem to see me and others as a number… I dont know… like i said, disdain!

wait to see if they release the new guild finder tool. It’s not perfect by far but it’s better than the current

Use it and do /who insert guild name at various times and see if they are actually active

Once you get in a guild like be aggressively helpful initially. People will tag you as a driver not a weight

1 Like

Making your own guild without a couple friends can be harsh, I would try to socialize and see how people interact with each other. Only time can tell you if people are toxic normally, or you could always try to ask other players how it goes in it.

As for finding a guild.
If raiding is something you’d like to do, wowprogress can be used to see guilds on your server.
Else try general chat and the wow forums section for your realm.

1 Like

Look for a guild where there are people who play like you do.

if you’re looking for leveling guild not sure if they still exist in retail. #INB4SOMEONESAYCLASSIC .

The random pm/join are cespool guild and not real guild.

1 Like

Yeah I figured as much. I actually joined one just for the heck of it, and my alerts would not stop going off for people joining, it was very annoying!

A character of mine belongs to a guild that has a rule that no one can ask another member to give them stuff.

This is a really good rule, because another character belongs to a guild where there is a member who keeps trying to get other people to farm up valuable stuff to give them. It’s the most annoying turnoff imaginable.

2 Likes

but see, I have a similar idea, granted it would be a benefit for the guild. I want to get into crafting professions. smithing, enchanting, all that good stuff. I would love to be apart of a guild and be that guy to go to to get awesome enchants or equipment. but grind all of those materials by myself is so time consuming, thats where i believe a guild would really be helpful to me.

A lot of guilds do have current mats for people leveling a craft. Some older guilds that aren’t very busy still have old mats.

But expecting people to form coordinated groups to spend many hours farming you up rare stuff worth tens of thousands of gold as this player was asking…

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t use the guild for my own personal gain, its no fun keeping everything to yourself!

also… what are mats?

Mats are the materials used in crafting.

ohhh mats, materials. got it. I’m still trying to figure out all the abbreviations WoW users come up with.

Look for a guild that does the content you like to do. If you are into raiding, my opinion is a guild raid team that has an easy application process is actually a good thing.

All you have to do to avoid most guild drama is to not get to invested. Enjoy it, but dont get dragged into any bank stuff or gear issues. You will find out pretty fast if a guild isnt a good fit for you.

Whats wrong with bank stuff and all that?

I learned a hard lesson about donating raid stuff to the gbank and watching people use it for personal stuff. Also, if you dont use it outside of what you need for raid then no one can get mad at you. Keeps things simple.

1 Like

My guild name is how I feel about guilds. It’s made up of a couple friends and family members.

This said … you’d have better luck posting here:

Or on your server’s forums.

Hey I saw your post, we are looking for members with exactly your mindset , who wish to be treated as “more than a number”.
Here is some info PM me if you ever wanna chat on discord.

[H] Skeram

Why choose us?

• Friendly laid back guild, we hope to build friendships
  • Competitive and dedicated but semi casual (everyone’s welcome)
  • Helpful, will make premades to farm gear with guildies
  • Content variety , PvE and PvP
  • Classic experience

To make everyone feel apart of this from the beginning there will be open guild name suggestions and a vote in discord. I figured it would be better naming once we see all the personalities we have.

Guild Goals:

• Clear all PvE content including Naxx
  • Help members gear up farming pre raid BiS
  • Establish a strong economy with careful planning
  • Be accomplished PvPers, and create various team strategies
  • Hold world PvP multi guild events

Classes Needed: Physical DPS, offtanks, healers.

Times: We would like between Sun-Wed starting at 9pm EST (Guild Dependent)

Discord: add Hordor#1703
or join _https://discord.gg/SfxatTw (remove underscore)

See, this is the exact disdain I was talking about. this looks like a copy paste advertisement. complete turn off.

Of course , there needs to be some sort of template .I wouldn’t want to express my views in an on the spot answer so quickly. But anyway I hope you find what your looking for . Like I said feel free to PM just to chat.

1 Like