So 8.3 is just Dailies?

I decided to resub for 8.3 since it’s the last patch of this awful expansion but I’m almost ready to call it quits already. The intro quest line to get the legendary cloak (which I finished already) just sends you to a daily hub and now you have to do dailies/weeklys to grind to upgrade it? LOL

126 Likes

Yep. Welcome to BfA.

106 Likes

Yeh, just dailies, a raid, new pets, lots of new mounts, transmigs some great cinematics and a new affix not much of anything really.

Typical blizzard

:clown_face:

50 Likes

I honestly have more interest in the new pet battle dungeon than anything else. How do I do that?

1 Like

And you know what is locked behind daily activities and lockouts? Everything but the raid, and it’s not even live yet itself. And don’t get me started on the endless RNG besides.

44 Likes

Bye Felicia!

We don’t need negative “i come to the game once every 6 months and expect everything free” people here, to then quit literally within 24 hours of patch release.

8.3 is pretty good so far and whether people accept it or not, it’s giving people exactly what they’ve been asking for.

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

21 Likes

So Legion is just dailies with a twist?
So WoD was just a daily?
So MoP was hundreds of dailies?
So Cata was dailies?
So WoTLK was dailies?
So BC was dailies?
So Classic was…

I don’t think I understand what the problem is, that many people are having when it comes to end game content.

14 Likes

Honestly if I had GM powers I would mail you all the pets mounts and BiS gear with a lvl 20 cloak and then stalk your progress just see what you would actually accomplish once everything was handed to you

26 Likes

Some sort of meaningful content that isn’t just a test of my ability to login every day…? :man_shrugging:t5:

34 Likes

And what is meaningful to you?

Chocolate cake.

12 Likes

Mmmmm🍰

10char

3 Likes

I’ve never asked for anything to be handed to me once in the 10 years I’ve been playing. Not gonna start now. The point I was trying to make clearly went over your head.

17 Likes

I mean it kinda sucks but this is how WoW has been for 7 expansions straight for the most part.

The first new area/world content patch was IoQ in TBC. It was a daily hub.

Wrath world content was the argent tournament, aka a daily hub.

Cata world content was the Molten Front, a daily hub.

MoP mixed it up with daily hubs and some rare hunting. Isle of thunder being the daily hub and timeless isle being rare farming.

WoD had Tanaan jungle, a daily hub and rares.

Legion had broken shore and Argus, daily hub and rares.

BfA has Mecha, Nazjatar, and now some reused zones as daily hubs.

Shadowlands will probably have daily hubs.

Also, ironically, one of the major complaints in early WoD was its lack of daily hubs.

The mage tower was probably the only real unique thing, and it’s entire zone centered around a daily hub.

6 Likes

So, you mean the new 12 boss raid, the new M+ affix that looks good, and pvp.

To me, WoW is like sports. In the old days, dudes could show up on game day and play, relying only on their skill. The best then would probably still be the best now, but since overall competition wasn’t that great they could skate buy a ton. Babe Ruth for example, showing up to games drunk and passing out halfway through.

Now, if you aren’t in the gym, watching video, managing your diet, or doing any of the other 1000 things you can to be competitive you probably won’t be.

You can still just raid log if you want to and be competitive. You just better be Babe level good.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing since before BC and, while dailies were certainly in the expacs before WoD, it has only been these last three expacs that have been so heavy on the daily chore list thing.

Up through MoP I always felt like I had lots of choices on what to do each time I logged in. Lots of ways to advance my character in various ways.

Post-MoP was when WoW became more like one of those phone games where you log in and do your little daily chores.

20 Likes

Then you been grinding for 10 years whatever content it is that you like doing because everything has to grinded out.

Pvp, raids, pets, xmogs… So if you don’t mind grinding and you don’t want handouts then what do you want?

2 Likes

Dailies, rares, some puzzles, etc. World content is generally just the test of the player’s ability to log in, yes. And if you do that, you have the potential to receive more rewards. It’s not like you should plan to only play once a week, but at least it’s good to know that there’s always something to do.

Besides that, I find nightmares to be really fun but despise the 10k essence gate for one go. Feels like it’s only worth your time if you go for more than just Thrall, even in the early stages thus far. Can’t say I’m surprised, at this point. BfA is bad but this patch sorta feels like adequate pre-patch material.

Not terrible, not the best patch ever, but it gets the job done for a couple of months.

1 Like

This part was actually one of the most complained about in the old days.

It was called raid or die, because raiding was the only way to significantly improve your characters power.

Maybe it’s better that way, who knows, but it wasn’t without criticism.

3 Likes

LOL I always played and never paid the slightest attention to what others were doing unless I was grouped or guilded with them. And I’ve played for almost 15 years.

“Raid or Die” is made up BS. Most players just play to have fun. It’s not a competition. FFS.

6 Likes