Small server and the AQ Gates... NEED help

My server is prepared and they aren’t planning on opening it until August 18…I guess that counts as “weeks” ?

What promises?

This was literally addressed in the blue post

5 Likes

Communicate early and often?

In every customer service training, project management course, business leadership development training they all emphasize the same thing “communication”.

The problem is Blizzard doesn’t care about customers they care about shareholders. Influx of cash from transfers far outweighs any minimal losses they see in subscriptions otherwise they couldn’t justify their behaviour to shareholders.

1 Like

Fair enough. We should be able to see things like active players and faction ratios when picking a server. But, they’ve never did this back when they were “better”. Why would anybody think they would do this now?

I mean that’s a pretty blatant lie as they stood back and watch server populations and faction balances get absolutely devastated only to step in after the fact.

A hope that they learned from previous mistakes?

One of the most important steps when closing down a project is to analyze the process and develop a “lessons learned” so moving forward you don’t make the same mistakes.

Seems like Blizzard is missing a huge part of their development cycle.

edit: Most of my complaints only make sense if you think of us players as the ones Blizzard is responsible too. If you think in terms of them only being responsible to shareholders then their behavior 100% makes sense, we’re just a small percentage of one of their many wings of profit generators, actually a drop in the bucket compared to King at this point.

1 Like

With people like you there is no reasoning because your mind is made up and you’re incapable of seeing it from anyone else’s perspective.

This weird entitlement you have for what, picking the right server at the launch? You somehow feel that people who weren’t capable of playing with the insane queues during the first few weeks should now further be punished because of a failure on Blizzard’s behalf to communicate and manage expectations?

The level of cognitive dissonance is unreal with you people.

2 Likes

How exactly were they to know what size the server was going to be when rolling on it? To the best of my knowledge, servers weren’t designated as low, medium, high, endless queue population servers when classic launched… It’s all a matter of what has happened to the server in the time SINCE launch that matters.

1 Like

The thing is, communication means different things to different people. It’s all good and well to say to communicate, but there is no universal acceptable amount. You can alienate and annoy just as many people by over communicating as you can by under communicating, and the line is in different places for different people.

1 Like

For all intensive purposes, they essentially were. Some servers had really long queues from day one, and some did not. Also, even weeks before the actual launch, it was already being talked about that servers like Herod and Faerlina were going to be extremely popular.

Moreover, you have had ample time to transfer to a new server.

At some point, the player has to hold themself responsible for their own decisions.

still they prefer others leave instead of them

You’ve highlighted a difference between endless queue population servers and everything else. I don’t think OP is asking to have their server be brought up to the levels seen on the highest population servers. What you’re proposing is that you either sit in queues for half a day on Herod or Faerlina, or roll the dice with one of the other servers. I, like OP, chose to roll the dice. I got lucky in that my server’s not dead. It’s not hugely active, but it’s not dead either. OP got screwed.

As for transfers, by the time server populations started to drop enough to be a potential problem, people have already formed bonds with people they’re playing with. Lots of people find it hard enough to leave a guild they’ve been with for a long period of time, let alone transfer servers. Essentially, you’re going to need to get the entire guild to transfer servers to maintain most of the community. Nevermind the fact that this will cause issues in and of itself by making the low population servers even lower.

There’s an easy solution on Blizzard’s part, and they’ve done it with retail. Just merge some lower population servers that are in the same time zone. It’s not rocket science!

2 Likes

Is 3 weeks, not “weeks”?

Yeah, that’s my point. I play on a small server, but we’re organized and preparing and it’s going to take us weeks. If OP says his server is small, completely not organized and not preparing, he’s probably looking at months.

30 days at maximum according to the blue post.

I just dont know the automation of it to say it’s going to take 6 months to open. I’m not sure anyone knows.

Not sure why you’re nitpicking “weeks”.

That’s not what the blue post says, it says that materials will start turning in slowly after 30 days.

1 Like

What promises?

I chose AR because I logged in after work one day and didn’t want to wait 2 hours to play. Seems pretty ridiculous to walk around calling people “turds” (rofl?) because they wanted to play a game they are actively paying for. At one point in time AR actually had a really healthy population. That changed when AQ was only a couple months away…

1 Like