Small, but Kael'thas says *spoilers*

I think he would empathize and respect us seeing as how he still doesn’t see anything wrong with his actions and seems to justify it still. (From what i can tell)

14 Likes

I feel like if Kael considers a Blood Elf Death Knight “one of us,” then it wouldn’t be that much more of a leap to realize circumstances are sometimes out of one’s control, and Void Elves are of the same.

The guy consorted with demons to summon them into the Sunwell, he doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on.

8 Likes

He doesn’t. He was the one breaking off with the alliance for good in the first place. And he doesn’t want to have anything to do with these human overlords ever again.

Quote from the Arthas novel:

You may not care for your subjects, but I care for mine. I have lost far, far too much in dealing with humans. I stand only for the elves now - for the sin’dorei. The children of the blood.

— Kael encountering Arthas

Wrong. He was the one bringing the last bargain chip to the negotiation table by telling Lor’themar about the Mag’har Orcs who then in return told Thrall about them.

Which is the best reason why he will refuse to deal with the alliance.

If Alleria is any indication then all void elves are ticking time bombs on the brink of diving into madness. If Kael has any smarts he will refuse these kinds of magic for good.

extra. This is from the wowpedia:

• In addition to the list of affiliations above, Kael’thas was also loosely (if not earnestly) allied with Thrall’s Horde for a brief period, if only as Quel’Thalas’s sovereign. Kael was kept up to date on the state of negotiations by Rommath, and it is strongly implied in Blood of the Highborne that Kael himself was the source of information mentioned in one of Lor’themar’s letters that confirmed the presence of uncorrupted orcs still on Outland; Kael’s regent used this as a bargaining chip with the Horde.
7 Likes

Well, this story would be one of those which can go wherever the devs would want to take it. On one hand, there was Garithos, and he definitely was a problem for Kael’thas. On the other hand, didn’t he call Tyrande his friend? He was cooperating in Lordaeron with night elves.

gl hf

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but your main point is that the Trojan horse that allowed Arthas to corrupt the Sunwell in the first place was Dar’Khan. This caused the elves of Quel’thalas to need a replacement (aka fel). Dar’khan used the void in a way nobody else did. He wasn’t one of many void users in Kael’s social circle. He was the only one. Unless of course shadow priests are that common.

I agree with you that there should be some animosity. But for some reason I expect he’ll accept them on the grounds of they did what they needed to.

It would be cool if Tyrande meets Kael’thas again.

8 Likes

Remember Tyrande gave Kael’thas a speech about letting go of vengeance?

Kael is giving her that same speech back when he’s helping extract the Night Warrior from Tyrande.

13 Likes

hisses

2 Likes

It’s coming.

Tyrande’s salvation will come via all 4 houses

Ysera and Shandris in Ardenweald reminding her of love, as well as all the dead night elves we rescue saying the world can’t lose her, Uther and that other Night Warrior in Bastion (though I think they removed the NPC in an earlier build) reminding her of true justice, Kael’thas extracting the Night Warrior magic and giving her her own speech about being consumed by vengeance back at her, and Vashj, Draka, and Alexandros all teaching her about honoring the dead.

10 Likes

Wish the game would do more stuff like this. It’s always particularly jarring when a quest giver says something crummy about the undead to my undead PC.

Most recently with Master Gadrin in the return of Zalazane quest. Like, really dude? You know what- next time you’re under Lich attack figure it out yourself.

8 Likes

It was originally his decision for the Belves to join the horde

7 Likes

Oh didn’t now that I thought Kael was gone before that.
Still interesting. The last time the Alliance failed the elves it drove them away joining the Enemy.

Then they did it again with the NEs. I hope it drives them away aswell.
I can’t stand that lion banner anymore.
I want a new faction with togather with the only humans that have a spine: Gilneas. But for that they had to lose their humanity.

1 Like

…sounds pretty selfish and self-serving.

2 Likes

UPDATE! Kael’thas says this if you’re a blood elf in Sinfall!!!

38 Likes

oooo, I like that. Is that the first time the 90% death toll statistic has been referenced directly in game? I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned elsewhere before.

I want so badly for there to be some sort of closure between the Sin’dorei and Kael’thas this expansion. Little things like this give me hope that we might.

11 Likes

What I want: Kael’thas being cornered by the entire entourage of

• Blood Elf Leadership = Lorthemar, Rommath, Halduron, Liadrin, Aethas
  • Dark Ranger Leadership = Velonara and Aelthalyste (she’s a Banshee High Elf right?)
  • Whatever San’layn Remain

What I’ll settle for: Kael’thas having a conversation or more via quest where he reconciles with Rommath, Lorthemar, and Velonara, and asks Lorthemar to not abandon the Dark Rangers as he sorta did. So we get Undead High Elf Customization.

10 Likes

Aelthaylste should be a High Elf, yes, since I believe all the banshees associated with Undercity are.

I’m even easier to please, I just really want Rommath and maybe Lor’themar to confront him, though I’d be overjoyed with your suggestion. I don’t know about Aethas being involved unless he also brings Felo’melorn with him. Rommath should have a chance to talk to Kael’thas privately, I think. There’s a ton of personal hurt and betrayal just between them that isn’t necessarily the business of the other characters.

Basically, I want someone from the Sin’dorei leadership to confront Kael’thas about his bad decisions, but I also want him to know that the Sin’dorei are not only surviving, but thriving since his death. I feel like a lot of his downfall was due to despair, and I think it would be fitting for him to know that his worst fears didn’t come to pass.

10 Likes

Sun and Moon reunion would be pretty wicked.

4 Likes

Until they start fighting, and Kirby has to step in again.

2 Likes

controversial opinion they shouldve killed lorthemar not because he was a bad character but because he was a good character and this war had no stakes after the opening. taking silvermoon wouldve been an obvious choice and he wouldve been a good raid boss. this would then pave the way for a high elf silvermoon vs blood elf reclaimer conflict in the future with a returned kaelthas now leading blood elves.

thanks for reading

1 Like