SL's Requirements

Hey guys! So… I have been playing wow now for the past couple months. And it has been a huge help getting me through this year that we have had. I pre ordered SL’s and have anxiously been waiting for today as i’m sure all of you have as well. But i’m having a problem. This morning my friend told me that i could launch WOW and check out the video. Well I opened Battle net and tried to launch the game, only to receive an error saying that my 3d accelerator card is not supported by world of warcraft. Does that mean im not going to be able to play the game anymore??? As updates come in… will that get changed? I have heard of people not meeting requirements and having a laggy or buggy experience, but never being completely shut out of the game like this… I’m not a big tech guy by any means… so I have no idea. I just want to play the game… :frowning:

1 Like

Good idea to open a new topic!
Might get a better response :slight_smile:

There are more ppl with the same issue: [Oct 13] Main Thread - Shadowlands Pre-Patch: 3D Accelerator Card Not Supported - #17 by Houtenklaas-silvermoon

System Information

Time of this report: 10/13/2020, 16:24:49
         Machine name: DESKTOP-02KDBNR
           Machine Id: {1B5968FD-00AD-4343-8BE0-05E473F42235}
     Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
             Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  System Manufacturer: LENOVO
         System Model: 4313CTU
                 BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBLx (type: BIOS)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       M 620  @ 2.67GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
               Memory: 8192MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 7988MB RAM
            Page File: 6267MB used, 3895MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
   System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
      DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
             Miracast: Not Available

Per the full dx diag in the other thread…

Your graphics servers are from 2012. Your integrated graphics aren’t supported any more, but they might work with a driver update.

1 Like

I used driver easy, and it had said that all my drivers are up to date :frowning: Could it work once the patch is over and things come back online???

Maybe.

I don’t trust things like driver easy.

I’d go to lenovo’s site, since they made the computer, and intel’s site, since they made the graphics card.

Your best bet is actually to chime in on the thread that already exists for this topic. Since the majority of people are posting there and it’s already on the staff’s radar, that’s where updates from staff would also be posted if they have any.

1 Like

Okay, sorry this was my first time ever using the forums. Thanks :slight_smile:

It’s okay, normally everyone is encouraged to make their own threads since replies can make it difficult to troubleshoot with an OP. However, in this case there are lots of people in the same position, so keeping things centralized helps track everything.

1 Like

Going to go ahead and close this, so we can focus all discussions over on the main thread. Thanks all for the assist and reports here!

1 Like