Slime Feeding Needs a Fix

So I use 2 characters to do the 4 slime feeding for the pets. On my mage, after 5 days 4 cocoons = 4 pets, 2 dupes, I am ok with that easy to sell on AH or trade. Now my hunter is where it really got weird…

On my hunter, fed the 4 slimes and on the 4th day 2 slimes gave the cocoon and pets, the other two just ate and went to sleep. Next day I feed the two that did not give a cocoon, and the first disappeared after feeding, just vanished no cocoon. The other fed and gave a cocoon. Later that day I went back to look for crystals to collect for next weeks feeding and the cocoon was just sitting there where the one completely disappeared. I wasn’t in a group when I fed or anything, it was just weird to have him vanish and not give a cocoon right away.

I just want to know WHY on my Mage on day 5, I got 4 cocoons but on my Hunter 2 were cocoons after 4 days and the other 2 gave cocoons after 5 days…

I’ve done it on 12 characters this week, and had around 4 characters that had to come back an extra day. I know I fed them all, because the feeding is in line with my farming route for the crystals.

ETA: They all only had to come back for 1 pet. I made sure I was on the ground and not flying when I brought up the critter.

From what I understand about the Ravenous Slimes - 5 days is standard and should be the schedule. 5th day of feeding = cocoon. I’ve heard of others getting the cocoon on the 4th feed, but it seems random and unintended. A bug IMO.

As for the cocoon not spawning right away, it seems like the slimes have a “cooldown” on their cocoon. Even if you’re not in a group, if someone else fed the slime earlier and looted its cocoon, it will take a bit for that slime to “recharge”. Shouldn’t take too long though, and you should be able to loot it before the end of the day. At least, that’s what I’ve found to be the case.

2 Likes

I have the same experience. I have only done it twice on one character but each time it was feeding 5 days and on the 5th day I got the pets.

Are these things re-doable for the same character? I looted all four several days back and I don’t see the slimes there anymore to start a new cycle.

They reset with the weekly reset. Sometimes if your feeding carries from one week to the next it’ll feel like a longer time between being able to feed/loot them.

2 Likes

Thank you. You saved me a trip to the auction house.