Slime cat vs Frostbrood Proto-Drake

Well since Frostbrood is available to everyone with individual effort I would vote that.

2 Likes

I have not seen this dragon yet, but the slime saber is bleh. If it was an actual kittun like that one actual cat mount, it be swayed more.

(Yes, I’m aware that a saber is a type of “cat”, but no one has ever called the other sabers cats before until this one mount and I don’t know why)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23847499/play-a-death-knight-in-wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic™-and-get-a-mount-in-wow

Here’s the link to the mount (description and picture)

1 Like

Bleh. That’s also ugly. -_-;

Agree 100%. The kitty cat is basically just a trophy as far as I’m concerned while the Frostbrood Proto-Drake is a give-away for minimal work. Personally I think it looks better, and is much more versatile and realistic for WoW content before SL, and the immediate future after. It also looks pretty slick for my retail DK as an alternate from the ICC meta achieve mounts.

here you go:

Picture of it by gm in the post.

It kinda makes me wonder why they’re giving away a store quality type mount just to entice us to briefly play WOTLK Classic, is temporarily and artificially inflating participation in Classic really that important?

Its not thought. Store quality mounts have unique animations, the undead prot does not. It DOES however have a unique summoning animation your char does but the /special is generic for all protos.

I mean, it’s not super unique or anything, but it’s a lot higher quality than the slime cat lol

1 Like

Slime cat. I got slime cat with my friends in a game I enjoy. I will not get a bribe mount to do 30min of content in a game I haven’t wanted to play in over a decade :v:

2 Likes

Tree Mount Superiority!

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I use Slimecat for running around in circles in Oribos and the Protodrake for flying around until DF hits.

lets see flying mount or weird ground mount… think the flying one wins

Considering, ones been retired for years, ones near dead, and the other has been dead and thus unable to do wooing of said strumpet. I’m not surprised it does. You’re not a Eunich are you?

Hogrus.

:pig:

1 Like

Cat clips too much on itself.
Not a massive fan of the drake either, though. It’s better than the cat, but the textures of the legs feel less like decayed flesh and more like wood.

yass, agreed :100:

sometimes it’s the memory/adventure that really make items special.

1 Like

Proto-drake cuz I like proto-drakes

Cat doesn’t fly. Cat loses.