Slaughterhouse testing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/746vTtaJdjHBkCzy#fight=last&type=auras&spells=debuffs&hostility=1&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%241%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24354788

random sample of 2 minutes of perfect conditions dpsing wherein 60% ms has 85.9% uptime lol

at least it can’t be cleaved

edit: this is without fury conduits, and while doing 4.5k dps to a raider dummy with no battle shout, so it very roughly serves as a blueprint for what it’d look like if fury next season was live right now; you’d be taking 4.5k dps any time you got healed back up into condemn range

this pvp talent rework seems shockingly well-thought-out to me compared to some previous efforts so i have no idea what to expect them to do, but it feels safe to say that current PTR slaughterhouse is hilariously broken. i don’t know yet what i’m hoping for, but it can’t go live at 60% without creating a meta that is ALL about kiting/peeling fury warriors to avoid dying instantly. i’m not jazzed to see that, personally

7 Likes

Literally all they have to do is change the 15% per stack to 12% per stack and it’ll more or less be fixed.

48% at this level of uptime would still be pretty crushing

6 Likes

at least it cant cleave

2 Likes

The only time an MS effect should go above baseline is if it’s a temp effect like sharpen. And no temp doesn’t mean 15% downtime. Basically it should act like a soft cc with regards to duration and recharge.

3 Likes

It’ll be 48% for 5 seconds, before then it still needs to be ramped up by getting hit by the Rampage attacks which can be avoided or stopped by many classes.

You guys forgetting that Assass is literally getting a 63% MS that lasts about half the time too and all they have to do is click shiv?

I think even with this pvp talent, Fury would still be inferior to Arms. They are a lot more squishy. No Def stance or Die by the Sword is a big deal.

4 Likes

Should be 12% per stack, and only allowed to stack above 25% during recklessness.

i’m not going to assume everybody knows how to read logs but the specific link i provided demonstrates the “per hit” functionality; every rampage strikes 4 times and over 1 second racks the full 60% healing reduction, which lasts for 5 seconds afterwards.
since we(or at least me, i was saying this in the other fury threads) already know that the baseline rampage avg is 1 per 6, and it takes 1 second to rack and 5 to fall off, the uptime on the whole thing is incredibly high; the log shows it as 85.9%. i’ll excise the graph:

whenever the green line is up and flat, you are turbosharpened

4 Likes

Just let wm shine for a while. More conduit slots are gonna make hybrid bonkers. Game is already broken regardless.

knowing nothing about how it’ll play out when implemented, i think the idea can be cool if the spec+class also has adequate weaknesses

a return to higher impact & lower uptime would imo feel both more satisfying to play and more interactive to face

1 Like

Thought it was 15% per rampage. 60% per rampage is too much. Post feedback on the PTR Forums since they actually read it.

1 Like

Yeah, and what I’m saying is target dummies can’t hit back, fear, stun, root, parry/dodge, roll away, db, sheep, etc you. You also won’t be generating nearly as much rage in PvP to keep Rampaging that often.

There is 0% chance you’ll be able to keep that uptime in PvP unless the enemies dc for you. 60% is too much, but 48% on a ramp up ability in PvP isn’t as broken as some other talents coughassasscough I’m seeing.

1 Like

Even at 40% uptime on a 48% MS would be devastating. Wym

In this meta it is… but it looks like Blizz is trying to push a MS meta from all the classes getting imp MS and almost all melees getting a MS now.

Again, let me remind you all, Assass Rogues are getting 63% MS that is 40% uptime at this point in time. That is more broken than anything I’ve seen added to the game.

2 Likes

But warriors can’t self heal… So it’s ok right?

agree almost totally; i don’t think there’s any real reason it has to stack per hit except to theme well with how rampage contains a lot of hits(which itself only ever needed to be done cuz in legion there was a technical limitation on enraging yourself with a hit that would benefit from the enrage), but it doesn’t super matter.

my worry is more that the uptime we can see on it right now is too high in conjunction with how good the debuff is. this uptime would make some sense to me on a 24% total ms like feral is getting or most ms specs basically have. at anything above 25, i think the uptime has to be massively cut somehow.

this is actually not true, or at least not in all situations at all. you get 3 rage per melee attack you suffer on a 1 second icd, so 1 melee/pet is a very strong rage supplement and 2 or more would make rage go nuts. this effect was very obviously going to be less usable against slippery specs and ranged comps in general, even if it didn’t cost any rage to maintain; melee rage injections will only widen that gap and make it more punishing to be a melee playing against fury.

additionally, this test was done without fury conduits, without cruelty, and without battle trance(enduring rage instead). i don’t think it’s fair to dismiss so totally; you’re right that dummies aren’t counterplaying, but i would sharply disagree with the idea that it’s ok for fury to be impossible for anyone to box with just because “it’s balanced around you trying to deny uptime”.

i have seen enough agreement from the community that the incoming assass sharpen looks horrible for the game that i don’t feel like i need to mention it in breaking some news about slaughterhouse

i’m so sorry bud but

and you can consult the log to see 93% enrage uptime, which goes great with https://www.wowhead.com/spell=208154/warpaint

Lol well there goes that argument… So as a healer i’m pretty much just useless now right? Every class can self heal and than they start us in dampening and almost all melee have MS.

Stun > Bomb > Damage and then Shiv as the bomb is wearing off is going to be a grossly long kill window

2 Likes

I’d legit not even consider taking a Fury over an Assass if things remain unchanged, even with the Fury MS talent. Assassin is just superior in almost every way.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s kind of strange to see Fury be everyones concern, but I guess that might just because we already have a warrior meta.

Rogue baseline toolkit with Sin getting this MS + Dismantle added is going to hurt peoples feelings as it all currently stands lol

6 Likes