Slam bug now gives 2h warrior an extra attack

when i hear one of the top ret paladins like esfand whine about ele shamans being op i think ill stay ele.

its funny he complains about ele shamans in blue gear being op…which we are i can cl,shock and lb crit for 1300 in blues gear and fire nova totem for 1k…lol.

3 Likes

Im grinding av for honor to get the grand marshal gear + weapons so at the very least deep ret wont be completely understat for me in pvp… but man I just cant do wsg right now without reckoning. too much of a damage deficit man :confused:

I wish I had rolled ele shaman… people can hit 7k double crits on chain lightning with the current itemization LOL

2 Likes

server transfer to a nothing server and get rank 14 it will be easier.

I wasnt even aware that HoJ got fixed. In which I assume you’re referring to the start/stop attack shenanigans.

hoj procs are working properly again?

at least I have that to look forward to whenever it finally drops for me

When I get hit by warriors, it feels like getting smacked twice by an enhancement shammy. Just without the sparklies.

Thanks for the tip, Lunawolf. It’s nice of you to share it with your fellow players.

OP doesn’t understand slam mechanics. Slam resets your swing timer without letting the current swing land, it literally prevents you from white hitting.

Slam is only used in pvp as a rage dump (rare) or to get a targets hp% into execution range slightly faster than waiting on the next white hit.

3 Likes

2h fury is a thing

There never was a reason in the first place.

1 Like

Put on your dress and heal like you’re suppose to.

2 Likes

dude…

Warriors can use a /stopattack macro with Slam even though it was nerfed for Reckoning lol

thanks theo

I was just about to link that

1 Like

as much as I hate the guy, he’s not wrong though - since using Elemental Mastery to guarantee 100% crits on two spells within the batch window is a bug

how do I know this?

cuz Paladins could originally do it as well with Divine Favour but it was nerfed twice over the course of Vanilla:

• Patch 1.11.0: It is no longer possible to cast this immediately after a healing spell and “retroactively” make it a critical hit.

• [Patch 1.7.0] (13-Sep-2005): Paladins can no longer activate Divine Favor on the previously cast healing spell.
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Divine_Favor

i just did alot of testing with this bug
it seems that it the bug only works if your swing is ready to go as soon as you click autoattack; this is the only case in which autoattack will go off immediately after a slam

i cannot spam this, unless you count waiting for a swing timer between each slam as spamming it
i did use the macro in the above-posted video, and i am extremely sure that no addons are messing with it

however, I theorize that this can be spammed with a 1.5 speed weapon; i thought of buying one and testing it, but then I stopped feeling like doing it

My question exactly.

Lies , its not extra attack its just the way Slam works fam.

This is not a bug. Slam interrupts auto-attack. When Slam ends, even if you start/stop, the auto-attack timer is reset. This means you effectively LOSE an auto-attack (or time put toward an auto-attack), not gain an attack, in favor of using Slam. It’s only worthwhile if you have way too much rage, are Slam spec, have a slow two hander, and are too high on threat to Heroic Strike… even then it’s awkward and not that great.

The video linked is not a one-shot, but a macro of abilities + engineering items which are used in the same GCD after a Slam.

Heroic strike will just rage starve you unless you’re capped out and waiting for cds inbetween slam cycles
Slam is the best deeps right now imo
Unfortunately hamstring doesnt seem to be very potent in pve dps anymore

Because it’s a ton of fun in PvP? Different strokes for different folks, partner :wink: