SL Sub PvP Help Please

I’ve never really tried sub. I mainly just play BGs because I like PvP even though I suck at it.
Do you use SnD in PvP? Rupture only on rogues?

Rupture for sure is needed, especially on ranged that try to kite. Snd, is give or take, knowing when to use it will help out ur burst windows/healing with the conduit.
The Premed talent is not too bad for pvp wise (terrible pve) it helps with getting burst in openers. Learning when to use your burst vs when to reapply rupture or snd is a learning curve that comes with experience.

If possible you definitely want to have SnD up before your burst windows.

You want to have rupture up as well.

During your dance windows you want to have three CP as you cheap shot for the stun lock. This way when you 5 point eviscerate you’re doing it into a stunned target and getting the benefit of prey on the weak.

Cheap shot now only generates 1 combo point so ur gonna want to have 4 before you dance

Do you have a link for that change?

I can’t find an official blue post anywhere but I have played a lot of sub rogue on beta and ptr, here’s the link to another forum thread discussing it

My toon on beta shows 1cp for CS.

1 Like

Bah, hope they revert it.

2 Likes

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but is there no sanguinary veins or similar debuff on the target from applying rupture? Just wondering why to bother to keep it applied other than on other rogues or ferals. Is the DOT damage worth it?

• A 5 combo point Eviscerate deals 88% attack power as Physical damage, with another 44% as Shadow damage at rank 2.
  • A 5 combo point Rupture deals 150.36% attack power as Bleed damage.

Keeping rupture up will increase your damage.

One thing to note though is that this might change if a certain conduit is or isn’t going to be nerfed.

Even if Rupture dealt less total damage than an Eviscerate you could argue that in PvP you’d want to apply it just before your burst because it will instead deal its damage during your burst, thus increasing your burst DPS.

1 Like

Thanks for the info Roakey

1 Like

To add to this, Rupture helps with keeping other rogues ect from restealthing, and it gives damage while being kited ect.

From a pvp standpoint, the conduit for sure needs a nerf. It is way too strong even at just rank 1

Even from a PvE standpoint it’s going to break things.

At rank 15 it gives 150% increased shadow damage meaning that an eviscerate would deal 88% attack power as Physical and 110% attack power as Shadow.

With the new FW up bosses have 23.08% Physical damage reduction meaning the 88% Physical would effectively be 67.69% attack power.

This means that with the rank 15 conduit a 5cp Eviscerate would have an effective attack power output of 177.69%. That’s 27.33% attack power more than a 5cp Rupture.

If my calculations are correct we’d never really cast Rupture with a high enough rank of that conduit in PvE.

I really hope it doesn’t come to that.

I guess time will tell. I don’t think rank 15 will come in the first two raid teirs at all. Looks to be end tier. (just speculation)

Which covenant are you guys referring to?

there is a conduit that increases shadow damage by 30 percent for 6 sec, rank 15 is 150