SL Release: 11/17, 12/1, 12/8? Which?

I would have expected 2021, as the poster above said.

I do still think they’ll try to rush something out this year though.

1 Like

11/17 or 12/1, that’s 5-6 weeks of prepatch, seems about right and gives them time to polish some stuff.

3 Likes

2 of those dates are in the past and im pretty sure we dont have a 17th month.

6 Likes

where does it say that SL got delayed?

When it’s ready.™

That no one expected Blizzard to factor in Covid and how it would affect deadlines nor development in beyond me, as everything from movie releases to TV shows have also been delayed, so why not SL?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

2 Likes

its litterally near the top of the front page right now and has been all day.

I’m always confused by those strange American date systems. I keep thinking…wait, when they say 5/10 do they mean 5th October or 10th May?

So I’ll just say, I think it will come out when they think its ready. And if it does make an appearance before the middle of November I’ll be surprised.

2 Likes

IF YOU WANT THE CORRECT ANSWER …

Keep your eyes on Final Fantasy 14.

The Pre-Patch for FF14’s next patch comes out…October 13th.

It’s not a coincidence.

The actual next patch for FF14 comes out in December.

Whatever date is chosen for that patch, that is the date Shadowlands is released.

4 Likes
  • Xbox Series X: November 10
  • Playstation 5: November 12
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War: November 13
  • Cyberpunk 2077: November 19

Going to be a busy month in November. Lots of strong competition, especially Cyberpunk.

I think they either release it in early December (Dec 1 or Dec 8), or they release it at the very end of December (Dec 29). Early December lets them put the game out sooner, but makes releasing Nathria a bit complicated since they either have to do it over the holidays, or wait several weeks longer than they normally like to do. Late December pushes the game out of the Fall release window, but makes the raid schedule easier on Blizzard (and raiders).

January 12 sounds plausible at least!

Q1 2021. You have the ignorance of the inbred lonnie boy. hurr hurr we dun gonn pull duh core hurhur me raid years ago…me smaaaaaaaaaaat. You have jonnyboy talking out of his butt. “it will never be delayed!” "“Come hell or high water” “well ship it from out houses!” BS

then theres the state of beta. Its like a constipated dude on the can. he can push and push and if you give him more time he may eventually produce feces but you can polish that turd as much as you want its still a turd.

My vote is 12/1 because of holidays and the 1month-no-raid but it could be 1/5 too. I don’t think it will be mid november because then 1month-no-raid will open raids like a week before holidays and there will be guild tension to play vs holiday time.

This is what im hoping for tbh.

Going through the class feedback threads on the beta forums and seeing the hundreds upon hundreds of posts about the ignored feedback hurts.

I’ve been in every beta but TBC and SL and ignoring the overwhelming majority of feedback is Blizzard’s SOP.

Here’s to hoping this is their first step in changing that, but I know better than to get my hopes up at this point. Let’s see what they do with the extra time.

Yes because we certainly will have a 3 month long pre-patch.

January 12, 2021. They wont release against the new consoles because they just lost a fair amount of customer goodwill and they have to know that the new Xbox and Ps5 are just going to dominate the holiday season. A younger WoW could have done it, but it just isnt what it once was. They wait until the 12th and they can get in before MLK Jr day while not pushing back a full 3 months.

October 27th, 2020

Why? FFXIV is god awful, I don’t think Blizzard is worried about that game… at… ALL.

2 Likes

Not worrying about one of your biggest competitors is bad business practice.

This year, 2020, has been nothing short of nightmarish and hazardous. My thoughts are Blizzard may just wait for the year to ding and bring in 2021 with joy and cheer, and of course, a shadowlands release.
In other words, January 2021.

I would like to remind everyone speculating a 2021 release, this is a quote from their update: “I wanted to let you know that we’re delaying the release of Shadowlands to later this year”.

The pre-order also states the release will happen before December 31st, 2020 and they have to stick with that.

3 Likes