[SL] PvP Gear Update

Sorry but I’m a PvE player but I also PvP and have since day one of this game. To say only PvEers do PvE is just a false statement.

As for the topic and testing PvP on the beta when they allowed us to buy the gear, I really felt that some classes or even specs were suited better with the gear then others. I mean I should not be able to solo Healers on a MM hunter with even gear (yes we were all scaled to be even) in 3s while casters and a few melee could rip apart everyone in 2s in less then a minute.

So honestly they need to do something to balance out the power in pvp among all the classes and specs. People complain about corruptions right now, wait till certain classes and specs in arenas dominate the scene with just a press of a button or two.

1 Like

The purpose of either of those is to separate PvP gear from PvE gear. Any overlap only leads to at least one of those sides having issues and being unhappy because they need to do X content to efficiently progress in Y content. I don’t want that at all. We have that right now in BFA, and it’s terrible.

6 Likes

Are you sure that’s not just an overall class balance issue? Not saying that ideal stats on gear for some classes while others don’t have that isn’t also a problem (isn’t that what happened with templates in Legion?), but that sounds like some classes are broken.

It might not be as much of an issue in a 1v1 or regular random chaotic bg. In rated organized PvP it was a big problem. Rocking double drest trinkets or tripple claws was waaaaayyyy more pressure than any PvP trinket in the game. Seriously go watch golden guardians and ask them how they feel about it. One game wiz was at 90% health and they both drest at the same time and they both crit and he insta died. He had 3 defensives available still. Or stuff like my geti doing more damage than my entire gushing wounds or any other ability I have man. Or being able to heal despite getting kicked or cc’d thanks to vodoo totem (which again had no PvP comparison). Raden fist weapons for stuff like demon hunters?

The advantage was real man. Something needs to change. Either a very decent set bonus for trinkets/gear or a stat bonus. I feel like the set bonus does not address weapon differences. A PvP stat would do this.

Obviously I’d also take wod.

Not really. You’re in the minority. When they removed PvP gear in legion it was supposed to make it easier for pvers to get into PvP. Yet rated participation in rated bgs and arenas dropped like a rock. There were 3X the number of pvpers in the deadest season of wod compared to what should have been the busiest season of legion.

Catering to the couple that do both is very very detrimental to the many pvpers who get the shaft.

2 Likes

They want our money and want players to pay for carries with Tokens in content they hate doing. It’s that simple. It will never change!! No one should think they care about our gaming experience. Their actions haven’t said that for the last 5 years. They want Web Shop sales. The key to our happiness is bought in the Web Shop in the form of Tokens. It’s a business and business is booming for them.

1 Like

What’s your preference between the two, folks?

My only issue with a PvP-specific stat was that it felt horrible to bring out into the open world. Perhaps PvP gear should get a flat item level nerf within PvE instances and vise versa for PvE gear within PvP instances. That’ll keep world PvE content from feeling horrendous for us and PvE’ers would be able to enjoy WPvP shenanigans without having to farm out an entire PvP set.

Honestly, I’d be fine if they just added more stat combinations too though. Around twice as much as they offer on the beta currently would suffice.

With War Mode, they can enable PvP stats out in the open world too.

6 Likes

Glad they’re at least acknowledging people but this is only half of the problem. The itemization is an issue but the amount of time it takes to gear is more the problem.

Let’s say they hypothetically add every stat combination possible for the PvP vendors; I will STILL gear through M+ as is literally takes magnitudes less time and will ultimately award superior item lvl.

My gearing will be through arena rating and M+, even if they fix the vendors to have every stat affix because the time investment isn’t remotely close to equitable.

1 Like

I don’t think this could be fixed without also adding a PVP only stat, or WoD boost.

1 Like

Yeah I mean its super simple; just add PvP set bonuses to gear than you never even have to worry about ilvl because you literally cannot function in arena without all the pvp set bonuses.

1 Like

I’ve been dealing with PvErs that are gods in wPvP for years. In WoD I was able to tank all of the terrible DPS in Stormwind at once. In Legion-BFA one M+ hero bluewalls all their cooldowns and I die like a Stark.

I wouldn’t mind your idea for patch 10.0 or 11.0, but I kind of want at least a few years of actually having fun for once, where I don’t have to worry at all about PvE players.

I would like to say this is a false statement for you specifically. A good portion of PVE players only do that.

Imagine a world where PVP gear did better in dungeons and raids, or any PVE content than PVE gear. They would never stand for it.

6 Likes

First week or two of MoP the honor gear was better than the dungeon gear.

It got nerfed into the ground.

1 Like

That was actually the reason for resilience in the first place…preraid BIS would include pieces from PVP…Raiders didn’t like that.

Hell I remember in ICC even because of my Stat layouts my Tier shoulders were actually not an upgrade over the PVP set shoulders…I had my T10 4 set bonus and was hardcapped on all my secondaries…not that I could ever get that last token to drop, but that was another issue. The other slots were bigger upgrades at the time.

Druids had that problem so much, in tBC they h ad to farm honor for belt, boots, and I think shoulders too? They were so angry too, oh my gosh.

Some day I’d love to make a huge list of all the BIS PvE items for PvP, and all the BIS PvP items for PvE. I bet it would be 20 to 1 in their favor.

The biggest and largest thing overlooked again and again is the abilities that classes have in the game. Many are just straight up brokenly overpowered in a pvp situation that they shouldn’t be in a pvp environment at all. I believe pvp needs to have its own abilities set that can be balanced for that type of environment and then gear can also be adjusted towards it too. Nothing should carry over from pve to pvp. They should both be separate.

4 Likes

I don’t talk about it much because it is needlessly complicated to explain, but I really want Blizzard to double the number of specs, so that we have something like this:

• Arms PvE, where PvE specs deal -50% damage to people
  • Fury PvE
  • Prot PvE
  • Arms PvP, where PvP specs deal -50% damage to dragons
  • Fury PvP
  • Prot PvP

And then just have the PvP specs revert to MoP, with a few abilities from WoD, Legion, and BFA spliced in as appropriate.

Acknowledging that people think there’s a problem and have contributed constructive suggestions for fixing that problem isn’t the same as making a commitment to fix it.

You forgot one. The BfA gearing system was designed to turn PvP into a side game for mythic raiders as a reward for obediently playing the game right. Everything else was just collateral damage.

4 Likes