[SL] PvP Gear Update

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/development-update-the-road-to-shadowlands/638371

13 Likes

I completely disagree with this philosophy, but I’m hoping for the best since they’re considering changing what’s currently on the PTR.

Let’s hope this actually happens. I don’t want PvE players forced to do PvP any more than I want PvP players to be forced to do PvE (as in, I don’t think the two should overlap).

9 Likes

hear that? that is the sound of the entire pvp community collectively holding their breath.

19 Likes

It sounds like more lies. These guys are not to be trusted. They say one thing and do another. They cater to the pve community and refuse to wash the curtains. Dont talk us to death bliz. Show us.

13 Likes

Well I shouldn’t have to do 637 BGs for that path either.

5 Likes

PVE players only do PVE, is that a wide range of activities? no.

6 Likes

Raids, M+, pet battles, fishing, RPing, transmog farming, gold farming.
Many activities :wink:

1 Like

yes but that’s not changing what the player enjoys doing like someone who likes to PvP. those listed are all considered PVE.

Yes, good, now also make it so that it won’t take weeks to get a single piece to the same item level as a mythic 0

3 Likes

I don’t think it was lies so much as galloping incompetence. When they made casual PvP gear near-worthless in Legion, and doubled down on that boneheaded error in BfA, and now appeared to want to do it again in SL, what did they expect to happen?

3 Likes

PvP stat is not necessary. All they need to do is:

1. Not make pvp gear a ridiculous timesink grind
  2. Offer more stat variations (or, as suggested by others just make all versatility variations available)
  3. Don’t lock conquest gear behind rating, but instead allow rating to speed up the gearing process (WoD style)
11 Likes

A PvP set bonus would be good also, but I do agree no PvP stat.

1 Like

Yeah, set bonuses would be fine. Just against a pvp stat.

1 Like

Yeah I dont think a pvp stat is going to fix anything, if anything its just going to add a greater discrepancy between the two game modes.

The two game modes need a greater discrepancy. As it stands, if you are serious in one mode, it is pointless to be casual in the other mode. That’s bad design.

4 Likes

The core gamemode of WoW is a MMORPG, if you want a full arena/moba/fps game you simply can go play something that offers that. Alot of players including myself enjoy being able to use my gear I earned in a Role Playing Game in both game modes. The gearing in WoW classic wasn’t all perfect, however it was something that I believe most players could agree to accept.

1 Like

/inhales sharply

How does this change the problem of dragonslayers beating PvPers due to gear advantage? That is the primary problem behind all of this. The source of all the complaints about gearing is due to PvE players having a gear advantage.
The role of a PvP stat was to narrow that advantage. That’s it, that’s literally the only thing a PvP stat ever offered - narrow the gear advantage. The inclusion of a PvP stat meant that PvPers were not at a disadvantage when undergeared compared to the dragonslayers. PvPers could focus solely on playing PvP and not be affected negatively.

What does this have to do anything?
MMORPG only means massive multiplayer online rpg. That’s it. It has no specific requirements or inclusions (or exclusions) regarding the systems it utilizes. Arena/PvP style gameplay entirely fits within the MMORPG concept.

Do a 2 hour raid once per week.
Or do a months-long daily grind to reach X rank in PvP.

Yeah right, everyone who PvPs would tooootally agree to accept it.

8 Likes

Honestly, that wasn’t happening to me in BFA. Once I had 470 with good corruptions I don’t think anyone really had an advantage over me. I’ve killed a ton of fully mythic raid geared players. They would still have to be a good player to have a chance to kill me.

Also, Torghast is solo content that I would kind of like to play. I’d rather not having any gear I get from that source be totally obsolete in PvP because then there would be no reason to do it.

Just give multiple paths to gearing. I’m not a fan of raiders being treated like first class passengers while the rest of us sit in coach, however. I don’t think that is ever going to change. They can use set bonuses to alleviate some of that disparity however.

I’m okay with pvp set bonuses, just not a pvp stat that is on every item. Mix and match is good, IMO.

I was talking about the gearing between PvP and PvE, nowhere was it mentioned about the honor grind. And yes this is a MMORPG, not an arena/moba game. Stop trying to have the game cater to a game design that doesn’t fit in. Go back to fornite and stop trying to kill my RPG.