SL: Legion Legendary Artifact Class weapons?

Ok, so started WoW at launch in 2004, and left 7 years ago for IRL matters. Came back about a month ago, after having stopped in the middle of MoP. I have taken my squished main (druidess) and gotten her, reallllly haphazardly, up to 60, and am settling back into things slowly but surely.

As the title says, I’m a bit lost on the Legion Legendary Artifact weapons I was given. Guides on YT and the internet are outdated or a hot mess. I got all 4 of them, was able to slot all 4 with their epic +20 artifacts to bring each to ilvl 80, but could never unlock the spells/abilities. I saw below (for example, New Moon in the Scythe).

Tonight, a random set of quests in Dalaran suddenly ‘empowered’ the weapons, opening up 10+ grey spells and enhancements on each one?!?! But I have no idea if they can actually be empowered (from the message about the item power being sacrificed/drained) or even should be at this point, as a lot of my random quest and drop gear is 180+ now.

The models are nice, but I can always set transmorgs for that part. I’m much more concerned about the spells and spell enhancements I am seeing, and how to get those. Where and how, and will I need to keep using the weapons themselves? how to get them up to ilvl, or will they always be stuck/crippled at 80???

Even to the right of this, as I type this out, I can see posts from last year about people banking or deleting theirs, so I wonder if I am wasting my time with class hall in WoD, Order Hall, etc. :confused:

Any guidance would be appreciated; I have 9 alts in total and retirement is upon me… Thanks for your time!

Cheers!

At the end of the expansion we overloaded and burnt out the weapons, so in game right now that’s how they exist through the level up process as well.

You won’t be able to play with moons via weapon as it’s been moved to the talent panel instead.

They’re mostly collection items and useful for people starting Chromie time in Legion (since no weapons drop in that expansion) but you’ll have to upgrade them with relics as you’ve seen.

The class hall stuff is still there if you wanna get the outdoors set, appearances for transmog, etc.