SL Beta invites

Hi! I was wondering if people would need an active subscription to be able to receive access to the Shadowlands Beta. I do imagine I would need one to play it, but if i currently don’t have game time and HAVE done the opt-in thingie, am I good (as in i have a chance of being given early access)?

Probably wouldnt hurt to be active ingame instead of just having game time just for a chance at a beta invite. I hope im not reading into it from your last sentence that you only want a beta invite just to see if your gona like and if u dont your not gona waste your time getting it.

Noo, I’d like a beta invite to be able to test the new features and actually give feedback (while enjoying playing something new, sure)! I stopped having fun in BfA for quite some time, so I currently don’t have an active subscription on my account. I would like to know if that (not having an active subscription) makes me unable to receive beta access!

Fair enough tho i think a active subscription would be useful but im not sure.

I seem to recall it being a requirement for past betas, but I’m not finding anything that refutes or supports that.

Edit - This post would seem to indicate that you just need to opt in. It doesn’t mention active game time as a requirement.

1 Like

I’m not seeing anything that says you need a subscription to opt-in.

BfA Beta didn’t need a subscription to opt-in but did need one to play the beta IIRC. That was because of back-end changes that were being made as part of BfA. I’m not sure if it’s true for Shadowlands or not.

1 Like

Thank you!! I guess I’m just too cautious of getting hopeful of receiving early access if I don’t see blizz say SPECIFICALLY that the subscription is or is not required :sweat_smile: but it does seem from their posts that it isn’t.

To create a PTR account your World of Warcraft account must be Active (must have game-time). You can create your PTR account by visiting your games and subscription page

I think beta is completely different from PTR. Isn’t it? Isn’t beta specifically a test run for an upcoming expansion while PTR is a static test server for every upcoming patch? It’s been so long

1 Like

Correct!!!

1 Like