Skyfury sucks

I disagree, pushing players away from the game due to queue times is not an acceptable practice and just sets Classic up to be unhealthy long term when the majority of the playerbase leaves… again

1 Like

A perfectly reasonable thing to do :slight_smile:

Maybe! I mean, it also depends on what the alternatives are. We’ve seen time and again that transfers can cause serious damage to server health, so that’s also not an acceptable practice, though it does take longer for the effects to be noticed.

Ideally, they’d be able to scale their servers to adjust for the population demand and we wouldn’t have queues. If that’s an option, then sure I’m all for it.

The solution is transfers, the same way they handled Sulfuras. They aimed for a 50/50 transfer split, then locked the server. Just do it again.

Well, this we most certainly disagree on. Again, you’re entitled to having your own opinion, and I respect that, but at the same time not having transfers available is part of the appeal of Skyfury. How many Classic servers have been devastated by server transfers?

I don’t want to see our server die, and the rest of us have to pay to transfer just because some people were unwilling to work around the queues or play elsewhere. But of course, that’s just my own personal viewpoint. If they do add server transfers, then there was no point in fresh, imo.

You only copied one part of my sentence. Why do you ignore a 50/50 transfer split? If the servers both go low on pop or one dies combine them. It’s not rocket science. That is 100% a perfect solution.

It’s not rocket science, but it’s also not a particularly great solution. How long did it take for them to consolidate characters from the Great Snapshotting of WoW Classic/TBC Classic to Sulfuras?

Also, when have they ever combined servers? This isn’t something they do as far as I am aware.

If they were able to add something like a side-car server for Skyfury, that allowed them to do that, then sure, that’d be great. Offering transfers from Skyfury to Angerforge though would suck incredibly for anybody who rolled fresh on Angerforge! I remember that happening during WoW Classic. I think it was to Heartseeker… where the highest level character at the time was something like a 47 hunter, then suddenly a ton of max-levels start transferring over. That’s not a great experience.

There is no perfect solution because they failed to see that they needed 2 pvp fresh start servers on WoTLK prepatch launch. Now that they see that, their solution was to start a new fresh server way too late that is doomed to fail. The only good solution is 50/50 split with the fall back of combining later.

They just merged servers like a week or 2 weeks before WoTLK prepatch…

Again a point we disagree on. 1 fresh PVP server is/was fine, because we know that the queues are temporary. Adding another, well… they’ve stated their opinion, just before they did add another…

Which servers did they merge? You mean offering free transfers, then shutting down servers and transferring anyone who was left behind over?

I guess they could do another server that is straight up locked for character creation, and allow people to transfer over. They’d want to be careful of naming collisions, and some people might not be able to coordinate who’s going to be on which server for their raid groups or whatever else, and then they just lock both servers for new players?

IDK, it sounds really restrictive and heavy handed just to appease people who don’t care about the server anyway, and would rather have anything implemented for their own immediate gratification than long-term server and community health… in my opinion at least.

I mean, there are a couple of hour queue times during peak hours, and that’ll probably last for a couple of weeks. I don’t think it’s worth making drastic changes over. And, unless they can figure out how to scale their server population, I don’t think there’s a reasonable alternative that hasn’t already been implemented.

You’re doing God’s work. Slay them all.

1 Like

Just come to Angerforge. I love it there so far.

1 Like

same… will be spending the next 2 weeks just ganking horde lowbies and camping them until they go to angerforge

1 Like

What a legend. +1

1 Like

Guess its time for me to start doing this to ally.

Number 6000 to play. I think you guys should band together and help them completely shut down their servers. If they want to go bankrupt so much, you have to give them a hand

Can I bring my 70 I leveled on Skyfury? No. No thanks.

You guys act like you invested years and years into these skyfury characters.

I am working on my 2nd and 3rd 70s atm I know people in my guild who are building their 4th 70

I have a life. 5 in game days played is too much to leave behind. Not everyone can play 24/7 and live with their parents.

The point of no transfers TO skyfury was to not compromise the server economy by allowing people with 40k gold to transfer to the server and blow it up monetarily. Allowing free transfers FROM skyfury to angerforge won’t compromise the integrity of “fresh” for either server.

The point of angerforge was essentially to funnel overflow from skyfury because of the excess demand for fresh. This is proven to be true by the fact that Blizz only planned on having Skyfury with the assumption it would be enough. Until the queue times started to exceed queues for established servers such as Grobbulus. Only then, when the queue time became an issue due to excess demand did they decide to create angerforge. As a response to the overflow from skyfury.

There are multiple problems with not allowing free transfers from skyfury. The first, and most prominent in my case, is that my friend is locked out from creating a character on skyfury to play with me. All because he unfortunately was a bit late to the game due to having a real life. Either I am forced to re-roll and abandon this 70 and other friends I have on this server, or I am forced to abandon my friend.

Another problem of not allowing free transfers from skyfury to angerforge is that it’s still enabling excessive queue times on skyfury. All these people with 70’s on the server (which is a good chunk) are much less likely to reroll to a fresh realm and start over again when they just did that TWO WEEKS AGO. You need to keep in mind, skyfury is only two weeks old. It is still “fresh” and allowing transfers from fresh to fresh wont compromise the integrity of angerforge. It will simply be a continuation of the fresh experience from the start of skyfury; everyone that was planning to create a character on skyfury the day it was locked would have joined a a fresh server with many 70’s already on the server and an economy just starting up. Angerforge will be the same way in less than a week’s time.

Either way, there’s still a lvl 70 on angerforge within 24-48 hours. Transferring from skyfury will not harm the servers. People, horde and alliance alike, will continue to play on skyfury. People, horde and alliance alike, will transfer to angerforge. Angerforge clearly is a short-term solution to a short-term problem. When and IF populations dying down on either factions is an issue, Blizz can merge them like they have with so many other servers. It’s proven to be an effective solution when necessary and unproblematic in terms of results.

So Blizzard, I ask you of you to PLEASE allow fresh to fresh transfers. It avoids people abandoning friends or characters, and avoids people feeling as though they’ve completely wasted their time. It will not affect the integrity of “fresh” for either server and will serve to reduce queue times and result in a more enjoyable experience that people pay a MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION for.

The point of no transfers TO skyfury was to not compromise the server economy by allowing people with 40k gold to transfer to the server and blow it up monetarily. Allowing free transfers FROM skyfury to angerforge won’t compromise the integrity of “fresh” for either server.

The point of angerforge was essentially to funnel overflow from skyfury because of the excess demand for fresh. This is proven to be true by the fact that Blizz only planned on having Skyfury with the assumption it would be enough. Until the queue times started to exceed queues for established servers such as Grobbulus. Only then, when the queue time became an issue due to excess demand did they decide to create angerforge. As a response to the overflow from skyfury.

There are multiple problems with not allowing free transfers from skyfury. The first, and most prominent in my case, is that my friend is locked out from creating a character on skyfury to play with me. All because he unfortunately was a bit late to the game due to having a real life. Either I am forced to re-roll and abandon this 70 and other friends I have on this server, or I am forced to abandon my friend.

Another problem of not allowing free transfers from skyfury to angerforge is that it’s still enabling excessive queue times on skyfury. All these people with 70’s on the server (which is a good chunk) are much less likely to reroll to a fresh realm and start over again when they just did that TWO WEEKS AGO. You need to keep in mind, skyfury is only two weeks old. It is still “fresh” and allowing transfers from fresh to fresh wont compromise the integrity of angerforge. It will simply be a continuation of the fresh experience from the start of skyfury; everyone that was planning to create a character on skyfury the day it was locked would have joined a a fresh server with many 70’s already on the server and an economy just starting up. Angerforge will be the same way in less than a week’s time.

Either way, there’s still a lvl 70 on angerforge within 24-48 hours. Transferring from skyfury will not harm the servers. People, horde and alliance alike, will continue to play on skyfury. People, horde and alliance alike, will transfer to angerforge. Angerforge clearly is a short-term solution to a short-term problem. When and IF populations dying down on either factions is an issue, Blizz can merge them like they have with so many other servers. It’s proven to be an effective solution when necessary and unproblematic in terms of results.

So Blizzard, I ask you of you to PLEASE allow fresh to fresh transfers. It avoids people abandoning friends or characters, and avoids people feeling as though they’ve completely wasted their time. It will not affect the integrity of “fresh” for either server and will serve to reduce queue times and result in a more enjoyable experience that people pay a MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION for.

(don’t actually care just copy pasta)