Skillcapped weighed in

Well like I said this is a vod from skillcapped I do not own it at all. They do. Basically discussing which ranged classes are ranked by them. mm is A tier shadow priest is gawd tier. Bm is bad tier lmao really bad they go into detail on why…

Disclaimer it is referencing pvp only. If only blizz balanced and researched like this. That being said enjoy. And tell me ur thoughts and worries here. Do you tend to think they are right and blizz is not balanced again for the 100th time or do you think blizz will notice and fix things?

3 Likes

BM at 1:52
MM at 12:49

2 Likes

They did say the pet res nerf and lack of strong legendaries was a part of it. Let’s be honest, BM is usually only played when it’s damage is broken which makes it aids to play against.

2 Likes

I just cant help but sit back and wonder who at blizzard thought " man these bm hunters sure are overpowered, they need a huge nerf" lol like we were already bottom tier in pvp. We could have insta cast revives and still be no where near op.

2 Likes

Let’s be honest I’ve played bm every patch when I wasn’t taking a break no matter what it’s dps was. Other players have too. The other thing to say is that people only play any spec when it’s busted that’s why the meta becomes the meta if that’s the case.

Blizzard and alot of players don’t care if bm is needed out. It’s less trouble from them. The metas where bm was strong are annoying to players. It’s like demo lock when they are strong people complain weirdly not as many people complain about unholy dk as they do bm even though they have more pets. Seems like a stigma of the past stays with bm no matter how they change it. Bad players can’t figure out how to fight it, good players no how too. Bad players want it nerfed to beat it. Good players want it nerfed cause they want to beat everyone justified or not. To be honest

3 Likes

They defintely need to adjust BM damage now that pet survivability and ressurectability are null.

1 Like

The very simple reason ppl dont want BM to be strong in pvp is because its a brain dead 100% dmg while moving class. If its strong its just a ranged melee which is broken.

By design, it simply cannot be tier 1 as it wouldnt be fair.

6 Likes

Same story as BfA, all MM has is damage. It lives and dies by number tuning.

1 Like

This makes absolutely zero sense. Especially since you just described a demon hunter.

11 Likes

BM has maintenance requirements now that add some difficulty and skill to the spec that wasn’t there in legion

While it’s far from being the most complicated spec in the game, I think your perception fell asleep during BFA

You do realize that you play assassination rogue, right? Tell us about how difficult and complicated assa has been for the past few years.

9 Likes

Assassination is melee. The discussion on BM is about blizz not wanting BM to be a tier 1 pvp spec dmg wise because they then have 0 downsides.

This eas never about which class is the most op currently and epeen measuring.

Yeah pretty sure my druid and my rogue are just as easy as my hunter. My dh is easier than my hunter by far. My war was easier. Are u claiming melee rotation is hard to land with the current uptime melee has…what a joke…rogue saying something would be unfair…my thoughts on unfair…2 major stuns, blind, triple sap, garrote, for cc…crimson vile, evasion, cloak of shadows, feint, sprint all on short CDs. Bm is ranged the pet is melee big difference…there’s so many counters to pet that u must be braindead…every spec should be viable…rogue does way to much damage for the control they have.

You literally one shotted urself out of the equation when u stated blizz wants bm to be bad in pvp. U show ur perfectly ok with the spec being undertuned. Therefore ur argument is one sided unfair and that makes you void to us. As all specs should either be tuned equal or no one should

And if ur implying that the pet isn’t just a weapon ur wrong. It’s the exact same when u push garrote as when we push barbed shot, u push mutilate we push cobra shot, you push envenom or rupture we push kill command or chimaera, notice all but kill command are out of the hunters bow. No one is asking that bm be broken they want it viable. You act as if u can only have one or the other. Yet rogues can get up to 3200 current rating in arena and bm only 1 guy at 2600. That’s a huge gap that could be at least mended a small amount. 600 rating difference in arena is disgustingly different

9 Likes

But you play assassination rogue.

You slammed BL as being brain dead but you play one of the easier melee specs which also has great dmg without 100% uptime on the boss due to your poisons and bleeds.

It’s slow, predictable and forgiving. Both of the other rogue specs have a higher skill cap but you don’t play those.

My point was that those who live in glass houses should not cast stones.

2 Likes

Seriously? Did you not even read what i said?

Im not talking about how HARD something is to mechanically use. Im saying because BM has 100% mobility while doing 100% of its dmg they WILL not let it be top tier in arena. Its as simple as that. A BM never hasto worry about range or losing dps from having to move out of bad stuff. In Arena this woukd be much too powerful. Whenever its too strong they nerf it and for good reason.

There is a reason people have always called them “huntards” lol

I kind of get what you’re trying to say; BM hunter can’t be tuned competitively because it’s ranged and 100% mobile. The reality is thou, BM dps is dependent on pet being alive and on the target. Pets are easy to kill, even through incidental cleave/DoTs/etc (even more true in SL, where they are also harder to revive), and even easier to kite/CC/etc.

Pets also can’t jump down ledges/towers/etc. which can give them huge downtime in many situations. Imagine if your bleeds/poisons were 75% of your damage, and turned into a pet with terrible pathing, separate CC DRs and could be stunned/feared/snared/killed. In addition, if YOU are CCed, your DoT damage tanks by like 80% (dropped frenzy stacks, no kill command). That is what trying to play a BM hunter in pvp is like.

Like BM hunter is for sure one of the easiest and most mobile (and boring) specs to play in this game, but even if it’s damage was overtuned, it would still suck at a competitive level. Against noobs that completely ignore the pet, maybe it seems OP, but against good players it honestly blows.

9 Likes

Its odd how pressed people are being about BM when MM is finally getting its chance to shine.

Got 2410 cr as bm for the first time today finally. Number 11 bm hunter in us now

4 Likes

It works for some depending on comp. Ussually a high rated BM is accompanied by a very good and competent healer. One without the other it just doesnt work.

LFG BM sucks in other words.

BM will be better than it was in BfA, I’ve got my eye on a couple clever legendary builds. Don’t stress man, we will reign and we don’t need to be Meta to win :wink:

2 Likes

Imagine thinking any class in wow is hard anymore
this games made for toddlers dude

and also, hunter used to be that one fully mobile ranged, master of kiting. and it fit into the meta just fine without breaking anything (other than a bit of mop) then demon hunters came along and blizzard decided they don’t want their new class to be kited around for days, thus the legion gutting of this once great class.

1 Like