Skewed Risk/Reward for Boat Camping

I usually tell PvPers to stop whining, but this looks like a legit issue and, for what it’s worth, I agree this should be looked at.

2 Likes

I hope you get camped landing at every flight path, every dungeon portal, i hope every quest giver you ever have to interact with is dead, every single profession node in the world takes you 10 deaths and then you watch in ghost form as it is taken from you.

I hope you level 12 alt gets killed and camped for hours by 2 40 man raid teams of lvl 60’s in Naxx gear.

I hope all of this for you and at the same time i hope i never have to read another post from you on these forums regading:

PVP HAPPENED ON A PVP REALM

Unless of course its how much you enjoy it.

If you can AFK in BRM with no risk of getting ganked, you are in fact playing in carebear mode.

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me Horde also get a chokepoint in AV that auto dismounts anyone that tries to get through- yet another sign of favouritism.

You can hope in one hand and $#!t in another and see which one fills up first.

I enjoy PvP on a PvP realm, it doesn’t stop me from telling you that you are a carebear about your PvP because you made carebear decisions about how to PvP.

:wink:

Nothing at all. Everything is fair.

You basically went carebear by being horde on a horde dominated server.

Carebear:

A derogatory label and self assurance, used by little boys, whose only baddassery, comes from making their cartoon characters jump around and hit other players real good. Their fragile egos exist only in the form of number of PVP kills earned in a video game and are thus, sadder than you.
Used as a form of counter whining, and childish ad homonym to express frustration at the fact that other players may not enjoy having a 14 year old with self esteem issues and an internet based upbringing, or some 40 year old virgin who dry humps his keyboard for 22 hours a day- killing them while they're trying to play a game.
Those who use this phrase are usually used to chat speak and are generally unable to form complete sentences and original thoughts due to the brain filled with hopes of honor points and other such virtual pride.
1 Like

Somebodies awfully sensitive.

Im sure there are plenty of safespaces for horde on your server though.

Irony - the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Triggered - (of a response) caused by particular action, process, or situation.

1 Like

So complaining on the general forums about getting corpse camped, a free rez, and corpse camped again would qualify as being triggered?

No ingame bugs/exploits are being used to do this. Its part of the game on a pvp server. Is it annoying? yes. Are you also able to do so? yes.

The type of player that should roll on a pvp realm is the latter. The one who doesnt think this in unfair. The other type of player should roll on a pve realm. The one who will call other players out as a carebare, even though its a legitimate pvp tactic.

How many times are you actually killing them?

I personally kill them enough so they leave. Its not about the honor farm, its about my fellow horde being able to travel around the world knowing that other horde are watching their backs.

1 Like

I didn’t complain about it. I categorized it.
There are people who get camped all day. <— This is most Minority Faction
There are people who camp people all day. <— This is most Majority Faction
There are people who kill these campers. <— This is me.

I never said it shouldn’t happen. If you minimize your PvP risk as much as someone choosing a PvE server, you are a carebear.

On a PvP server its ok to be unfair. I never opposed that.

So yes. You are a Triggered Carebear.

How did i choose a mjority faction? i was one of the first toons to roll on my server.

Are you saying that all horde players are carebares?

Alliance on my Horde dominated server (its actually about 60:40 from what we can tell) Hold TP/BRM/EP/WS just as much as the horde. They attack Kargath more often than we attack Morgans Vigil.

They usually get wiped at Kargath, because they would rather attack lower level players until just as many equal level horde lands.

Maybe you need to reroll on Yojamba Alliance, because it sounds like your fellow alliance on your server should have rolled on a pve realm

I do feel bad for you, but its not the fault on Blizzard or higher populations or faction imbalances. The issue is players like yourself, who think pvp needs to be somewhat equal, and factions should be somewhat equal, or its just carebare pvp.

Did you ever think about those that just want to stop alliance players from crossing continents? Its a legitimate pvp tactic.

Wrong. This is levelers of both factions :joy:

Wrong. Horde can get to 45 without ever touching a contested zone. Barrens can level to 30 uncontested. SM is a dungeon hub that has uncontested leveling from 28-45 Horde can move between continents without flagging until after they arrive via Zepp.

They can use ratchet which is next door to uncontested Barrens to get to Booty Bay, Alliance have to run through two contested zones, one of them the full length of Stranglethorn Vale to reach the boat.

You complain about Kargath but since that’s the primary way to go to BRD, there’s almost always several raids worth of protection there.

1 Like

True but I’m thinking more honor giving toons. 50+

I would argue its not as there are no consequences to dying on the boat. You get a free rez to full health mana. No reason to leave, no consumable usage, no repair bill.

If you want to camp outside the boats, I would call that legitimate, but just sitting on the boat because there are no consequences to dying in your PVP encounter, that isn’t what I would call “legitimate”. Then you can force the alliance to stay on the boat by killing them immediately, requiring them to spirit rez to get away and take rez sickness.

PVP is not suppose to have a durability penalty, the horde can force this, therefore its not “legitimate”.

I agree with all of your points, but…

No changes.