/sit enrage still works according to a streamer

Except it’s pretty hilarious and we can all laugh about it since this is a casual MMO :open_mouth: /s (Hilariously, WoW was indeed a casual-friendly MMO on release)

But, folks wanted Vanilla and they’re getting it!

Your natural healing rate is increased when sitting.

Seems pretty magical to me.

#WartsAndAll

#NoChanges

#Otherwise

#GiveClassicRetPaladinsTBCCrusaderStrikeWhileWereAtIt

Patch 1.1.0 patch notes

Paladin

• Crusader Strike: Removed.

two very different abilities

the beta CS hit for little to no damage but applied the debuff that would later become Judgement of the Crusader and it stacked x5

this would then be used in conjunction with Holy Strike - which worked like a Holy Heroic Strike - as it turned your next white attack into 100% Holy dmg

the problem with this was that it was not instant, replaced your white swing, had a 10 sec cd and cost a ton of mana which meant that it was not spammable but still made you OOM quickly

the TBC Crusader Strike was an actual instant yellow attack that was based on weapon dmg and 40% of your spell dmg to calculate its total damage output

originally it had a 6 sec cd in the beta, but was nerfed to 10 secs right nefore xpac launched and wasn’t reverted back to 6 sec cd until 2.3

TLDR - never mind the fact that the beta strikes were only there as placeholders as I had specifically asked Kevin Jordan - the original Vanilla WoW class designer about them in my interview on C2C’s podcast:

https://countdowntoclassic.com/2019/04/17/episode-100-the-journey-from-nostalrius-to-classic-kevin-jordan-on-paladins-josh-chooses-a-region-hardcore-guild-onslaught/#more-1358

• Calling Countdown #2 – Kevin Jordan On Paladins (With Theloras) – 1:13:45