Sit and stand desks can be dangerous to your health

Sit and stand desks can be dangerous to your health, and I’m going to present to you few reasons why I believe this.

First, standing and seating periodically can promote muscle development, in the rector muscles along your lower back as well as your core muscles in your abdominal area, decreasing the energy load of the skeletal structure; as long this is done correctly. One of the factors of skeletal degeneration is due to the improper use and execution of the joints and bones, things that are meant for the muscles to execute. This damage can be happening right now without feeling any pain until it’s too late. And that can cause physical and mental distress including time and money to get back on track. In conclusion the more muscle strength and proper motion the better.

Second, motion is key to better health. Unfortunately, we live in a country with a big demographic that works long hours on a desk and the only muscle groups that increases are your fingers on the keyboard. What I normally do on my sit and stand desk is that for every hour of work I dedicate 45 minutes of seating and 15 minutes standing( this can be in intervals 5 min standing, 10 min seating, 5 min standing, 10 min seating and so on), this can varies as long as it’s done. The proper execution should be done by using primarily abdominal muscles to execute the standing, and gluteus maximus and hamstrings for the seating. Also, taking breaks for a walk and proper stretch can make a huge addition to increase productivity in the office. Overall, incorporating muscle action as your primary point of motion can be beneficial to your health.

Third, your desk arrangement. The location and position of your screen in alignment with your eyesight, it should be perpendicular to the screen. In some instances, your neck should be tilted higher of the direction of the screen to counteract the abuse of tilting down, for example while phone texting. Tilting down for a long period of time can cause muscle fatigue to your neck and shoulders, and to go even further misalignment of your neck bones and beyond. " No slouching" like my chiropractor says, slouching towards the screen can increase muscle fatigue as well, and bad posture that can have consequences in the long term. One more point before I finish this factor is that in some instances people work on laptops and is hard to keep straight eyesight to the screen, a cheap method to correct this is by using a separate keyboard and stack few books below the laptop to increase the height.

In conclusion proper posture protocol is something that needs to be implemented and execute in a lifetime. Can be hard at first due to muscle adaptation but is not impossible, just keep focusing on the long run benefits, and in no time it would be a factor of muscle memory, keeping you radiant and healthy.

If anyone can relate and identify with some of these issues and is seeking to plan to improve your workstation and increase productivity performance, I would recommend visiting bayfurnishings and check their variety of Sit and Stand Desks. They are good quality, easy to use, and great price range. Also, they are offering quantity discount for office teams and workplaces alike.

As a disclaimer, this knowledge information is solely based on my experiences during a long journey solving my own personal pains and aches that gratefully I have overcome with the help of professionals in the medical field. For more information please consult your doctor and verify that this information can be useful to your own wellbeing.