Sire Denarius

I did decently last night in N castle nath. For the most part my Ilvl% parses were in the 80% range with 1 fight I had at 92%. (lady inervra dont count in my mind because I was doing tanks, ranged soaks and got hit by LITERALLY every beam)

The only one where I felt like I was dead weight was Sire. I tried spreading my dots to the adds as much as I could, but I still had crap DPS and an awful parse.

Any tips to NOT be useless? The 1st phase adds usually died so fast I could barely get a mind sear off. Its the 2nd phase adds that I struggled with.

I cant post links because I was a bad boy who made male genitalia joke. Just search Johnoliver-proudmoore on warcraft logs

1 Like

Shadow isn’t great in phase 1 and 2 of the Sire Denathrius fight.

Our main contribution is phase 3 due to our strong single target damage and much less overall movement.

Ya… I feel like If I can get “set” and am allowed to burn, nobody in the raid can touch me. If a bunch of wonky mechanics start flying around or there’s a bunch of add phases, it take me a lot to get set again and get caught up.

It’s a really bad fight for shadow priests until phase 3.
I can relate as holy priest, I pretty much can’t heal a lot in phase 1 because disc priest just negates pretty much whole dmg with SS, and in phase 2 there isn’t that much dmg for a reactive healer like holy to heal, but I just ramp up to the top at phase 3 where a ton of dmg is coming and I don’t have to run that much.

The thing is, not all classes will shine on every fight due to mechanics.
Cleave fights are an SPriests bread and butter as are ST fights.
Quick dying add fights go to the burst AoE classes.
As long as you’re doing your job in a fight and doing what you are good at, say dotting Sire/Sword and focusing ranged adds youre doing okay.
If the boss dies you’re good to go!

Haha that’s what disc does on every fight: steal other healers’ fun. :grinning:

Literally on that phase I just spam PoM, CoH, Halo, and HW on Cooldown, and most of my time I’m just dpsing…
SS ruin so much the fun of being a healer.

1 Like

Don’t kill the adds on phase 1, literally just forget about them. The burst AoE DPS will handle them, just stick to the boss. Don’t even Pain or Mind Sear, its not worth it. Just push to get to 70% as quickly as possible.

Phase 2 you’ll be able to DoT Remornia & Denathrius, which is good. Keep DoTs on them while you help burn down the adds–they have more HP than the Phase 1 adds so it’s more worth your time. Phase 3 have fun!!

You won’t top DPS on this fight, and that is okay, that’s what the other bosses were for.

1 Like

Well, they were…

This. It’s a good realistic take. It’s what I started doing after a few pulls.

I agree what above posters have said, dont worry about P1 adds, just help get the boss to 70%. Now, the question you need them assess is does your raid need more help in P2 or P3? If P2 consider going Misery to assist with add cleanup, if P3 consider ToF. SPriests have strong priority damage and the boss still needs to die so remember to lean into our strengths.