Sira is the most garbage writing I've ever experienced

Another note about conflict in Stormheim Odyn was giving us world quests to kill members of the opposite faction and no one battled an eye. It would be funny if he not so unintentionally rekindled the war this way just so he could have some entertainment.

3 Likes

This is just a long and stupidly convoluted way of making sure Horde players are still taking quests from Alliance characters, even during the faction war. /tinfoil hat

12 Likes

Omg, my sides :joy:

What the heck is going on in that writing room? lol

8 Likes

How did you acheive such layout control?

2 Likes

Put that tinfoil hat away, it’s pretty assured by now. There are leaders of every major forsaken group at darkshore and Sira is the warfront leader. Even belmont gets brought back for a one liner. I hate Sira because she took the place of much better characters who need dev time.

3 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-forum-guide-syntax-and-features/19903/2

Just need to expand the Forum Syntax area and it explains it all.

| Tables  | Are | Cool  |
| ------------- |:-------------:| -----:|
| col 1  | is | Left Aligned |
| col 2  | is | Center Aligned |
| col 3  | is | Right Aligned |

In that example the Colon’s in the second line determine the allignment of the text. So, no colons is left alligned, one at the right is right alligned, and one on the right and left is center alligned. Took me a while to figure that one out.

4 Likes
Huh Interesting
I didn’t know this either I’m going to find ways to abuse this terribly now:
9 Likes

I marveled at that yesterday. I tried reading the “New forum syntax guide” and its a bit much. I figure I’ll just stick to paragraphs.

But it is nifty to see.

I mean, I understand you’ve said none of these reasons are perfect, but… ay caramba, the idea of joining up with the Scourge Lite just because you have issues with Darnassian culture is… yeah. Hope they don’t cut themselves on all that edge.

Also, undead!Sira and Delaryn sounding like teenage emos who may as well have yelled ‘IT’S NOT A PHASE, MUM!’ at Tyrande doesn’t help.

5 Likes

The way I try to rationalize it (and there is no rationalizing it), no Night Elf would ever defy their culture, in life. Only in death do they feel free at last.

Still not much of a reason to go after Night Elves, except for a twisted, “I must free them all,” kind of thought process I suppose…

‘No Night elf would ever defy their culture, in life’

I know RP is RP, however: Points at Lunene That’s a major part of her backstory, lol. And I’m sure there are other people with similar Night Elf characters.

In canon, too, you have Nelves who don’t fit the stereotypical mold. Criminals, Twilight’s Hammer members, even just regular ol’ Nelves who happen to be cosmopolitan, open-minded and accepting of change and differences. The Kaldorei are not a hive mind.

1 Like

I don’t think the Kaldorei are a hive mind, however, as a civilization used to immortality, I do think it’s plausible that there was a very powerful (if unspoken) social contract demanding members of the race adhere to it’s culture and traditions and enjoy it.

If you’re immortal, how do you deal with not liking your culture? You can’t. Your place in it is what you have for eternity.

Deal with it like any other situation. Try to improve, try to rebel, or accept it.

6 Likes

Therein lies my thought. Most, ‘accepted it,’ but always chafed under it.

I’m finding it more annoying that their voices are so similar that if I’m not looking at the dialogue box, I forget which one of them is talking.

2 Likes

Cata’s civil war was over these issues. Sira was one of the leaders of the progressives along with Tyrande.

Sylvanas’ war isn’t an ideoligical one. Even accepting death as a release from burden, there is no reason to join her war and all the more reason for her to want to strike out as a free agent and not blight the planet as thanks for being murdered. Or reason to believe this is Sira’s reasoning given she’s still mad at Maiev for shirking that burden.

5 Likes

Or you take very long vacations away, a.k.a. Jarod Shadowsong.

2 Likes

In all fairness, Night Elves are quite prone to zealotry and Sira would know given she fought to her dying breath defending her people as one of the leaders of Team Zealot Squad. The problem is, she also knows the Kaldorei are in the middle of a cultural renaissance she helped bring about… as leader of Team Zealot Squad. She lived knowing her people had gone from “DEATH TO MAGIC USING HEATHENS” to “Maybe we made some mistakes” in the span of five years or so, and had just had a right and proper civil war to make it official. She died defending a people in the middle of change.

Those points stated, none of it matters because right now Blizz hasn’t given us anything. Anything we say is head canon at best until they go further than having “I’ll explain my Sylvanas body pillow another time, Champion. Now, go and blight my homeland!”

And in terms of head canons we can really only suppose the simplest, most canon supported answers. Of which the best is still: the dead go to the realms of death unless earmarked by a special afterlife (Druids, night elves, some elemental devotees, etc), and the realms of the dead are the same realms that corrupted the Emerald Dream. This is not rocket surgery that even needs word of god. We know life and death are antithetical powers akin to light and shadow, fel and arcane. What helps with Blizz talking about this recently is the green light it gives us for some supposition. Namely, that the same magics that made the druids go batty, are the same magics that undead are exposed to before being brought back.

This is an easier maths equation than whether a kilogram of steel or a kilogram of feathers is heavier. Protip: Both weigh the same and Sira is corrupted just like Elerethe Renferal.

2 Likes

Per Blizzard, becoming undead typically makes it very difficult for people to experience positive emotions. A number of NPCs comment on this explicitly. My favourite is Sir Zeliac of the Argent Crusade, who explains that he tries to do what he remembers as the right thing, but he experiences no pleasure or satisfaction from it.

I find it odd that none of your rationales mention the way undeath fundamentally changes the way people experience the world, and in an overwhelmingly negative way. Shouldn’t that be the main rationale, upon which the others are built?

For example, Sira felt abandoned at her death. Upon her undeath, she still retained that feeling of abandonment and accompanying anger, because as negative emotions they are retained in undeath. But the positive emotions that would have counterbalanced those feelings are now gone - her feelings of faith, love, etc.

TLDR: For the undead version of a character, you can by and large strip them of positive emotions and see what is left.

8 Likes

So what of her hatred for her killers?

15 Likes