Since specs are receiving mid expansion reworks, Shaman deserves to be included

Enhancment shaman is the exception here. Although it could use some TLC, it is in a great spot.

Restoration and Elemental on the other hand… They’re the red headed stepchild of class design.

Restorations entire kit is seemingly outdated, inuntuitive, and overall bad.

Chain heal decreasing with each jump by 30% is OUTDATED.
P.wave + healing wave being the only option for spread cleave, is bad design.
Water shield not being baseline is bad design.
Resurgence using 2 talent points, is bad design.
Having talent choices above capstone choices, that do not interact with portions of the baseline kit is bad design.
Having a niche taken away and given to another new class, but 100x stronger, is bad design.
Having a mastery that only benefits from when people mess up or take significant damage is bad design.
Having an AOE heal that might have to “travel through” an undamaged ally and therefore waste resources and efficacy is bad design.
Choosing to implement an ability from a past expansion that does not allign with what the playerbase wants is bad design. (Seriously, Pwave over A TOTEM?!?!?!?)

If a rework is in fact coming our way, please start communicating that YESTERDAY.

4 Likes

Unfortunately enhance never gets updated. ex: they were performing well in wrath and legion especially at the beginning. Then in legion when all the class changes happened they completely deleted enhance, and when other classes started getting better gear it optomized their class and they took off and blizz never updated enhance until the end of the xpak when no one played them. Enhance has been near the bottom for the majority of wow. In my opinion switch to mage they typically always have at least one competitive spec.

I mean the elementalist build for pve is doing really well, I’ll take the 20% buff to lightning bolt

enhance button bloat is real tho

3 Likes

If I had confidence in the developer being able to design different, but equal effect,
I would like the to possible look at adjusting all the Bloodlust effect to have an additional effect based on the class (perhaps even spec within) Maybe then upping the drums to 30% without the additional effect for when you just need haste, that could make for addition group comps.

Honestly doesn’t feel as bad as wrath or cata though.
Our spells flow in to each other very well, especially the Elementalist Build

I don’t want them to touch a thing.