Since gear RNG is going away in SL

Can we drop this whole “random stats” on crafted gear?

Nobody likes crafting something 7 times, getting 7 useless items, and then having to grind materials all over again

It sucks, it’s not fun, it wastes time, and feels terrible to craft a piece only to immediately scrap it then be right back at square one

Just give us different versions of the gear with each stat combo, and up the material cost.

Also, don’t use a system like expulsom ever again. BoP un-farmable, RNG drop, materials are gross

Also also, because expulsom is ONLY from scrapping, it forces tailor/enchanters to starve their professions to get it. I can’t disenchant anything because it won’t yield expulsom

2 Likes

You are right 100% , but they don’t listen nor care about players

1 Like

I think they convinced themselves that RNG would keep players occupied and having fun. But RNG in professions chased a lot of players away. Which is a shame because WoW needs activities outside of combat to keep players engaged.

3 Likes

Honestly RNG kept me occupied until the second time crafting gloves and getting garbage stats.

Then i was just like “Nevermind…”

RNG really makes one not care about professions

3 Likes

I think the RNG on gear making is necessary if there is an avenue for getting a guaranteed result by using a more expensive version of the recipe… which is what Shadowlands is doing.

Hard agree on expulsom being a terrible system, though. Hydro/Tidalcores are just as bad, since I’m sitting on well over a hundred of the things on my main cause alchemists can’t use them. (…well, they can, but not for anything worthwhile…)

I’d be perfectly fine with that. It’s much more satisfying to know you’re working towards a definate goal, rather than saving up so you can try the slot machine again.

I had to make my tailoring gloves 7 times to get the ones I needed. Had to make the pants 6 times

Cost me over 50k gold, about 20k cloth, and 50 expulsom per glove, and 60 expulsom per pants. It’s a bit ridiculous

1 Like

RNG in profs keeps you occupied long enough to realize that if you’re not doing alchemy then w/e it is your prof is, it’s pointless. Crafting in this game has become, literally, a laughing stock in other games.

Gear RNG isn’t going away in SL, I am not sure what made you think it was.

I meant corruptions, titanforging, and warforging

The drops are still random, but the pieces themselves have fixed stats from what I understand