Sin or Outlaw for most PvE stuff?

Howdy,

I am trying to gear up my rogue. Should I have him specced as Sin or Outlaw? Which one is better for M+ (1-10), Lfr, normal raids, and solo content?

Outlaw does more AOE damage and might have a leg up in M+, but Sin does more single target damage so it really depends on the boss fight. At this stage in the expac I say try them both and see which one you enjoy the most. I was Outlaw and switched to Sin b/c I wanted to try arenas. Ended up staying Sin for PVE content as well. You can still do some decent AOE damage as Sin by spreading bleeds.

1 Like

If you have the traits for it I find Sin AoE to be on par with outlaw. Personally I prefer sin since it doesn’t rely on a cooldown to be able to AoE.

Sin still comes with good single target as well as AoE where outlaw is pretty gimped in single target.

3x shrouded, 1 or 2 echoing blades and you’re golden for keys in the 1-18ish range. After that sin is a different build but still does great.

I think the only reason outlaw is considered the better spec is because it was used so heavy in the early season MDI. The gear just wasn’t good enough for sin to balance out yet.

1 Like

Enjoying Sin more myself. Nice having super strong single target and still competitive in AoE. I usually run with a Havok DH, so we got AoE covered and I make up the Single Target damage.

Plus daggers are just really cool to me and just feels more rogue-ish.

3 Likes

Have you guys ever watched the movie iRobot? In one of the scenes, a cargo container door opens and reveals some outdated robots huddled in the corner. You know the scene :wink:

When I read a thread like this, I think this is how subtlety rogues must feel.

6 Likes

Outlaw is generally better in M+ with it’s on-demand AoE and decent single target. However with the correct Azerite and Corruption Assassination can compete with Outlaw and even out perform it overall on Tyrannical weeks.

If you’re going to be raiding Assassination is far ahead of Outlaw in DPS, nearly every boss that has AoE in Ny’alotha is nothing more than pad and with how fast these bosses are dying now Assassination is really the only option if you wan’t to be competitive.

Playing Outlaw feels like cancer, but gearing Sin feels even worse. Pick your poison, because at least neither of these specs are Sub…

How does Outlaw feel like cancer? Sure RtB can be a downer but knowing when to reroll makes it less annoying and half the time you don’t reroll anyway in Mythic+.

Assassination can be a little annoying to gear if you’re going for the bleed build as you need specific pieces, I definitely understand how it can be rough since you start out gearing up for one build then you have to switch once you get high enough.

It kind of sucks they both need different corruptions too unless you’re strictly playing Mythic+ then you can stack Severe and Strikethrough. I can’t wait till this expansion is over and I don’t have to worry about having 10 different sets of stats, Azerite and corruptions.

I’m not gonna bother explaining this. RtB is the worst possible sort of game design, and so long as it exists, I’ll never play Outlaw for anything beyond leveling.

Also, gearing sin is unbearable because the Azerite Vendor is just way too slow. I’ve been grinding 8.3 for 3 months now, and if I were a good player I could easily push CE with my gear, but in that time, I’ve only gotten a single piece of usable 480 Azerite item. Trying to fish out 3 SS + EB pieces from that vendor is gonna take anyone at least half a year, and that’s not even mentioning the Gorak Tul/Mechagon shoulder that you’d want for raiding.

Personally, I’m enjoying leveling as an Outlaw rogue. The rotation feels simpler, and the RNG feels really rewarding when it rolls in your favor.