Simply. Terrible. Writing

Seriously what do people expect? Blizzard has never been known for their storytelling or character development. Even Ghostcrawler said it when he had the reins of WoW, their development process is gameplay first and then glue a story onto it, kinda like Nintendo. Warcraft Adventures was the only story driven game they ever attempted and they canned it.

I’m glad they’ve been pushing harder on story since Legion but I don’t expect to fall off my chair when I do story stuff. I guess I did at the Wrath gate but that was a long time ago.

1 Like

I just kinda wish they kept characters consistent rather then changing their entire personality to push plot.

Its happened to jana so many times shes been diagnosed and is being kept at a home for her safety and others.

5 Likes

I can tell you with a straight face that BFA has better lore than WOD.

And many people would agree with me. Sorry bro.

Or, maybe, just a different opinion. One that I agree with, as an aside.

1 Like

Which is sad. the overall plot was… yeah… But I enjoyed the zone stories and the flow of leveling through as the zone stories merged into a larger story as you went along where characters and actions stayed relevant.

1 Like

WoD was absolute crap all around, that’s hardly a valid support of the original statement.

2 Likes

If by the end of this expansion you feel she has been torpedoed, fair enuf. The devs have said they have planned something big for her, so lets wait and see what that is first.

BFA also has better lore than TBC. Fite me.

Go read game of thrones or watch it and quit ya complaining

I don’t have to fight you, just disagree with you :slight_smile:

A character not acting the way you want it to does not equate to bad writing.

2 Likes

I think the issue with Blizzard’s writing in BfA is that they didn’t hire writers who knew how to pace and work around a content system like WoWs as well as the conflicting interests of the 2 factions. Blizzard seems to have wanted to write a novel rather than a dual war story, and the story as a whole suffered for it

1 Like

Let me just say, I reaaaally haven’t minded being completely sidelined this whole expansion!

I started BFA as Horde, and quickly switched to my neglected Alliance characters. I can handle a little grimacing here and there - it’s WarCraft, not Breaking Bad - but the Horde story just had me contorting my face into funny shapes.

I don’t think the problem is even so much that it’s bad writing. WarCraft’s story has always been pretty bad, BFA just takes itself far too seriously to the point where it’s not even fun. It used to be like watching The Room, a fun, very quotable kind of bad, now it’s more like reading someone’s fanfiction…

2 Likes

That’s your opinion.

1 Like

To me, Blizzard writing can be described as “safe”, “comfortable”, and “unambitious”. Blizz gives us Alliance vs Horde because that’s just what has been working, but eventually the justification for the war becomes very contrived. Twice now they’ve villainized our Warchiefs as an excuse to brew war between the factions.

3 Likes

BFA writing is straight garbage.

WoD had potential but content was cut…(i could have seen it ending up in AU Azeroth)

TBC while messy didn’t really create cringy nonsense other then making KT a meme

8 Likes

That’s literally what I said.

In today’s society that’s pretty much the same thing.

From this Kaldorei player’s point of view, its been horrible and disappointing.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input, Classic Character with one post.

Totally not a retail sucks post in disguise.